Why was this rejected?

Rejected because text bad description short and other rejection criteria. Not sure I could discribe this place any better. What am I missing? There are other places in the area that just say "Family owned (fill in the blank with type of food) serving the community and they get approved.

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure anyone can decipher the rejection reasons right now but I could be wrong. For some reason reviewers don’t like restaurants. I guess they want the restaurant to have won multiple awards or something. But what it really boils down to is that the reviewers don’t know the area, don’t know the restaurant, and don’t know its importance to your community. You have to find a way to convey that information in the nomination.

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

its says bad description you wrote it like an advertisement / yelp review, instead of telling us how it is unique and brings the community together

• Shritwod-INGShritwod-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

Try to straighten up the shot, that might also get downvoted on orientation. I don't think there are any license plates or yourself as the submitter reflected in the window, but those are things to look out for too.

Restaurants are a hard sell anyway, it looks a bit generic to me. That having been said, I've actually seen McDonalds accepted so it's a bit variable..

• DukeOfBellaire-PGODukeOfBellaire-PGO Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Note that it says it was rejected for other reasons, as well. Some reviewers may not like what they see on Google streetview that shows the generic restaurant in between a car rental and truck tire shop with a plumbing store across the highway as an unassuming businesses.

It doesn't look like a safe for children to ride their bicycle to that spot, either.

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭

Simply because Niantics reinstated the generic business rejection button into the voting system again making it impossible to submit restaurants once again because people see a “reason” to reject and take it literally. The description whilst it’s not amazing is fairly good. Someone said tell us what makes it unique, yet you did by saying that the menu always changes so is on white boards, apart from the daily specials how many restaurants do you find that change their menu daily. As for the orientation of the picture as another person mentioned, it looks ok to me. You have focused on the logo. It’s not upside down or sideways and anyone go submit a new picture any time so rejecting on pictures is nit picking.