Waypoint placement adjustment

I submitted a waypoint that was accepted however the location is off by about 6-8 meters. Is there a way it can be adjusted? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the categories in this forum is location edit appeals.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,339 Ambassador

@LandG01-PGO Hello and Welcome.

You can use the help bubble on the wayferer website.

There are a couple of things to consider.

The point will only be moved if it is currently inaccurate.

If the rationale behind a move is solely to move it in order for it to appear in a specific game or games tgat is considered abuse by Wayferer, so don’t do it.

Please do feel free to ask further questions.

• Brattatusk-PGOBrattatusk-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Newbie reviewer here, so please be nice, or, to be specific, if I'm missing something obvious please explain it in full or don't answer at all. Sometimes when reviewing it's obvious from the satellite view and street view that the location pin is not at the POI. If I move the pin to what looks like the actual location, am I rejecting the nomination? If the nomination, otherwise good, is accepted, am I then risking losing an agreement? Also, why the heck are people doing this? It is tedious.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) If you move the pin it is not the same as rejecting a nomination

2) It takes more than one reviewer to move the pin

3) you do not lose an agreement

4) people do it by mistake, sometimes the pin is located where the person was standing when they made the nomination, or it is done because they want the nomination to show up in Pokémon. I personally don’t move the pin during review unless it’s really obvious that it is in the wrong place. There can be more than one “right” place in a sports court, for example.