What is considered a generic business? And a temporary exhibition?

Hi everyone,

I recently had my first contribution rejected by the community and it has a rejection reason, two indeed.

Reasons are:

1. Generic Business
  2. It a temporary exhibition

This is the picture:

I thought that generic businesses are groceries stores such as Mercadona, Carrefour, Tesco, McDonalds... basically any franchise or business with more than one location. And also businesses like a dentist office, petrol station, furniture store... if they do not have anything special.

The above is not picture is not the business itself, but a sign indicating where it is located. Moreover, it a local restaurant and the sign is advertising local traditional meals such as "cola de toro" or "berca con pringá", so it is not a not a franchise and promoting local culture.

Then, why is it rejected because it is a generic business? What is considered a generic business?

The second rejection is reason is that the contrinution is a temporary exhibition.

This is the exact location in Street View: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.684615,-6.1072683,3a,75y,27.54h,83.11t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3AXQwQdPBD6NrivhSqhEnw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

The location exists today and it's been there since at least 2019: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.6845965,-6.1072322,3a,75y,27.54h,83.11t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sO7rJvCFZLmtsCAnPjUr8lg!2e0!5s20190601T000000!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu

I could think that a reviewer can think this is temporary because a painting in it's a wall, but then, most if not all paintings and graffities should be rejected because of the same reason. Don't you agree?

Hence, my questions are, what is considered temporary? Do you think a painting that has been there at least 4 years is temporary? Why?

Thank you!

Comments

• The26thDoctor-PGOThe26thDoctor-PGO Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should take a picture of the Wayspot you are nominating. A sign pointing to it is pretty much always going to be rejected.

For restaurants to be accepted you generally have to prove that they have something great that makes them stand out as a potential wayspot that other 'generic' places don't offer.

• xerez1947-PGOxerez1947-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

I get your point about why this is not a good Wayspot, but I still do not understand the rejection reasons given in this case. They should be different, like “ It does not meet eligibility criteria”. However, in my opinion this is not a generic business nor a temporary exhibition. Or a I am wrong?

In addition, I am pretty sure I have seen similar Wayspots approved. A sign giving directions to a POI. Why some of them are approve but no others?

Thanks.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nominations are approved and other similar ones aren't because this is based on human persons reviewing. Surely they aren't the same ones, and the nominations are also different: different pictures, supporting info, description, the reviewers might be happier or reviewing angry because their nomination has been rejected, etc..

Lots of times the same candidate is approved at the second or third try, sometimes with the same info or other times adjusting parts of it.

In this case I would say that it's indeed a weak candidate, it's not art, it's just a direction sign to a restaurant. The restaurant itself might be a valid nomination (although they are usually hard), but the sign is only a proxy to it. But in this case I've tried to search for that "Meson Adrian" around that location and it doesn't show up, so if other reviewers did the same they might think that this is an outdated sign that will be painted over at any moment.