Mandatory Hometown Location?

I've had some significant use of Wayfarer a couple years ago, to include reviewing tons of waypoints. But today when I decided to check things out after so long, the site is forcing me to set a hometown location. To be honest, I don't know if I ever set my hometown and this new system is forcing me to reset it, or what's going on. Regardless, I'm super leery of permanently setting a location that can never be changed.

Do I HAVE to have a hometown location set? I don't really have a hometown. I move a lot and there's no place I'm interested in being stuck in forever. It's very weird and nonsensical that we can't ever change it. Yes, I know you have the bonus location which can be changed once a year. But I also don't want to be stuck reviewing waypoints forever from a place I have no interest in or commitment to.

I would much rather NOT set a hometown location. I want to keep that option for if/when I finally do settle down in a real hometown. Is there an option to leave it un-set? Give me random waypoints. It doesn't bother me.