Why was this stop rejected?

I really don’t understand why was this stop rejected. It took it only 24 hours to get rejected which is weird

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

Not being from your area, I have a couple of questions. Is it currently used for anything? Is it historic? Which criteria does it fall under, socialize, exercise, or explore? Also, in the future, stating that the kids in the neighborhood need a pokestop doesn’t really help your nomination, in fact, it hurts it. Use that section to talk about the criteria.

• Pixeleiter-PGOPixeleiter-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

it was built when Israel was founded in 1948 and people don’t use it anymore because everyone has a shelter in their home. Although technically it can still be used

I would definitely use your description/supplemental to talk more about the structure.

But the question is why did the ai rejected it? It was 24 hours and then it was rejected. What do I need to do in the nomination for it to get to the community and not get blocked by the ai?

We don’t really only what makes the AI take and reject certain nominations. Try a different title and see what happens. Maybe leave out the word “wars”.

Ok, I just appealed for it. If the appeal will be rejected I’ll try different description

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,299 Ambassador

Hello and welcome @Pixeleiter-PGO

all we can do is guess what the Machine Learning - AKA Emily - has triggered a reject for.

It looks like a very simple utility type building. I suspect that played a large role in the rejection.

on a separate note why would this meet the explore category, what makes its an interesting place?

Idk, I guess a shelter for the founding of Israel that has been used in many wars has some history to it. Also it’s located in a nice area-some kind of mini forest. Nice place to explore if you ask me

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,299 Ambassador

Then you need to tease out that history explain if there many of these left. Keep the focus of the description etc on the object.

you need to be able to see the shelter in the supplementary photo

Having a much better description might help with the bot rejection but I also think the nature of the object makes it likely to be rejected.

• Dirtyjoe619-INGDirtyjoe619-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

Like everyome above suggested. Also the algorithm is looking for key words in your description such as exercise, hyperlocal, socialize, and historic. Pokestops is not a keyword and I know some people who would reject it outright just because of that description as it screams "this is a generic uninteresting location that I want for a portal/pokestop"

Instead tell us why it's interesting

• Scallopbunny-PGOScallopbunny-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Leave the name of the game out of the supplemental info, that might be flagging it. It might also seem to be a sensitive location - nobody WANTS to go to an emergency shelter, even if this one is now mostly just a historic building.