Wayspot Mistakenly Marked As Duplicate

I just had a rejected Wayspot Nomination today as it was marked as a duplicate, there is no option to appeal it, but the sign is neighbouring a similar one but it's further down the same path, it's not a duplicate and the pictures of each stop clearly show it. I even included this detail in the Supplemental Information, but I don't think that was paid attention to. Is there any option for me to be able to appeal this Wayspot Nomination or should I resubmit? Thank you.

Title of the Wayspot: The Foundation Memorial Grove Sign

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

The above photo highlights the existing Wayspot. The photo below highlights the newly nominated Wayspot.

Additional information:

As shown in the two screenshots above, these are two separate signs sharing the same name on a different stretch of the same path.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whether you want to resubmit or not is up to you. However if you do, you need to request photo removal from existing Wayspot first in Wayspot Photo Appeals section of this forum.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, I think there is a legitimate reason for this to be marked as a duplicate. Looking at the sign and the wayspot as a whole, it's not the sign itself that's the wayspot, but rather it's just being used as a physical anchor point for a wayspot for the Memorial Grove.

The sign you attempted to submit seems to be identical to the one already in the database, and as both would represent the same object, I can see why it would be considered a duplicate.

You can try to appeal it if you wish, though you can't do so on the forum, and I don't think the appeal would be successful to be honest. The lack of appeal button within wayfarer itself is because you've used another appeal recently. When you appeal a nomination, you have a 30 day cool down period from sending the appeal before you're able to do another one.

• Sklarlight-PGOSklarlight-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

I appreciate your insight, as well as the information on why I wasn't able to appeal as this is still quite new to me! I have successfully submitted a few signs that are the same ones in differing/neighbouring locations and quite close to each other in the past, hence my confusion on this one. I'll give it some thought on how best I can tackle it, if at all.

• CailenWright-PGOCailenWright-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited January 19

@Sklarlight-PGO I would try resubmiting, but in the Tilte use the same name and add Sign #2. Maybe that will help with confusion and maybe getting it approved. I would also get clear pictures. One with the sign and a area view with the sign in it. Also get the spot your trying make a pokestop maker as close to that spot as possible. Trying make sure it's the right place in a wooden area sucks. You can zoom in on the map so much before it grainy. Who knows when I go to do reviews later I might get your nomination, since I don't live in your area. I guess they did that so you can't push you own nominations through.

edited January 22

Thank you! I was thinking of doing just this, adding an identifier of Sign #2. It's a shame I can't amend any details for a potential appeal as that may just yield the same outcome. It absolutely is tricky to get the exact right spot in a wooden area, anybody else reviewing can't quite confirm unless they've been there themselves. I live next to a woodland so I'm trying to nominate as many eligible spaces as possible. Some of them do end up being close to each other or end up being in the wrong spot close to another potential Wayspot and trying to request that any woodland-based Wayspots are moved has never been successful so far.

edited January 22

Thank you, I was thinking of trying something just like that! An identifying name to highlight that it's a different sign. It's a shame I can't amend my existing submission when appealing to add this information or edit any aspects of it. Nominating areas in woodlands is certainly tricky, especially since people aren't likely to know if it's in the right spot unless they've ever visited it themselves. I've had a couple of incidents where some of my approved Wayspots are in the wrong place close to another potential Wayspot nomination and that ends up causing complications such as mistaken duplicates like this one. Hopefully, I'll have better luck next time. Thank you again! (Sorry for the double comment, I can't see how to delete it and I didn't see my previous one go through and it's only just now appeared on my end.)

Post edited by Sklarlight-PGO on