Cited as duplicate but really isn't, at least not in PoGo. Anyone see it in anything else?

I've submitted this and it's been returned as a duplicate. It's 100% not a duplicate in PokemonGo. Can anyone offer any insight as to the reason for rejection? (I don't have ingress)

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is in the database

It isn't eligible to appear in Pokémon Go though, due to being in the same level 17 S2 Cell as Rivermead Play Area.

When you submit a new wayspot in Pokémon Go, the first screen you get to is the map where you place the pin. This has a toggle in the bottom left corner, which will display all wayspots on the map within 100 metres of your physical location if it's enabled. Note that it doesn't update if you scroll the map to other locations, you have to physically be at the location of what you're submitting to see the nearby wayspots at that location. Any wayspots that are in Pokémon Go appear as blue icons, whilst any that aren't in Pokémon Go (usually due to the limit of one Pokéstop or Gym per level 17 S2 Cell) appear as orange wayfarer icons. You can tap on these icons to see what they are.

If something is in the database, even if it doesn't appear in Pokémon Go, it will get marked as a duplicate.

You may want to read more about S2 Cells by looking up the Pokémon Go Hub Comprehensive Guide to S2 Cells in Pokémon Go.

• W00llyhat-PGOW00llyhat-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

ok, great intel - thank you.

What database did you manage to check? What app / service did you use there to check the database?

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

The screenshot I shared is from the wayfarer app, which is in beta and seemingly going to be retired at some point soon.

As such, the best way to check the database is to use the method I mentioned by pressing the new submission button and checking the map that shows up whilst you're physically at the location of what you want to submit.

You can also use IITC with Pokémon Go add ons - this is a good way to see cells. However, it is limited to displaying only wayspots in Ingress by default, so there may be some Pokéstops that don't appear at first due to the fact they exist in Pokémon Go but not in Ingress. I believe you can manually add them to that map, but I'm not sure as I've never got IITC to work (and so I'm not the best person to ask about it). There are guides out there though.