Footbridges need to be "significant"

I thought footbridges were a slam dunk. They encourage exercise and exploration. So imagine my surprise when a new metal footbridge was voted down as "temporary or seasonal." I just figured it was a silly mistake by one user, and would appeal it.

Et tu, Niantic? Appeal rejected "... as it is a regular footbridge with no significance."

Really?

Should I be adding, "Without this footbridge, neighbors from the nearby streets wouldn't be able to enjoy the walking paths, where exercise and exploration are encouraged." Or maybe, "George Washington walked this footbridge."

Comments

• MrOrochi74-PGOMrOrochi74-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Não pode rejeitar uma solicitação dessa tá nos padrões

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

When Niantic first said footbridges were OK, it was for footbridges on a trail. A trail is a long line, and wayspots are points. In a 2022 Niantic video, Niantic said there has to be something unique on a trail, to anchor a wayspot (not just a ****, rock, dirt). A footbridge qualifies on a trail.

Some footbridges are part of a sidewalk - so just common infrastructure. A "regular footbridge".

The reviewers/appealer must not have been convinced that this footbridge is on a trail. (Even tho you said it was in your description.)

• ZombieZebra3-PGOZombieZebra3-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Hmmmm Another repeat of gym rejected for not being a gym?

AKA Appeal Reviewer Strikes Again!

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,299 Ambassador

This is an interesting case.

I had a look at the area. What a nice place with a lovely walking trail winding along the river crossing back and forth.

I can see this trail has already had a lot of the bridges successfully submitted. It was all clearly put in at one time so there are a lot of photos that are very similar.

i think this is why you are getting the rejection reasons that you have. The temporary reason is only half of the permanent and distinct category. I suspect some people are saying this is not distinct from others. And we don’t know but a good guess is that no consensus means people were selecting the I don’t know option. Again as a response to how do I know that this photo correctly represents this specific location as opposed to the others I see on the duplicate check.

Its a tricky one.