****!!!!

How in the heck does this not meet criteria....

3 descriptors used . Hiking trail....Reservoir and park . Do I have to sell my soul to get a stop or what. This is getting ridiculous

Comments

• ZombieZebra3-PGOZombieZebra3-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Was this an AI rejection?

• Shritwod-INGShritwod-ING Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

I agree with the other comments - mentioning a specific Niantic game in the description is going to get you rejected as the wayspots appear in other Niantic games.

Looking at some images on Google, there are various maps, signs and information boards around the location which would likely be valid wayspots. You might be able to get a plain trailmarker accepted if there are any, or perhaps a pier, viewing platform, picnic area, play area or similar.

• Evrett23-PGOEvrett23-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

Okay well thanks for all the feedback I mean they don't make that clear at all in the game. It should be so much more user friendly than this I mean if I would have known that I would have completely changed how I worded all that and tried to find perhaps a mile marker or park bench or something but once again it's very vague so I think you guys for your feedback

Here's one that I did recently as well. Any comments or tips. It's up for review right now or about to be.

• Faversham71-INGFaversham71-ING Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's not gone into voting I'd withdraw it. It's a natural feature with no defined wayspot.

• Faversham71-INGFaversham71-ING Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look for a sign, jetty or maybe a viewpoint you can nominate instead - there really needs to be a physical object.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ve really got to start looking at this differently. Although this might be an interesting reservoir , imagine if every fishing pond were nominated. You’re really looking for something unique. Not a pond, and not a sidewalk. I’m sorry to be harsh.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,299 Ambassador

Hello @Evrett23-PGO

What about the Caston and main Brewyard ? It looks like a great place to be social, events, restaurant etc. you can hire it for weddings etc

Tbere looks like there may be some individual artistic pieces in there too so potentially something else to submit.

29 and counting I get what you're saying but every pawn didn't have a war plane crash land into the reservoir still yet to be found to this day as well as every pond isn't a verified stopover for a rare species of birds migrating every single year where tours are given each year for that specific event and also on top of that is one of these single best fishing reservoirs in the state and it's part of a state park and was a man-made reservoir

Here's one that I did recently as well. Any comments or tips. It's up for review right now or about to be.

This has made it to a in voting ..... Is that a good thing?

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come back later if it got rejected.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,540 Ambassador

The problem with your lovely photo is that there's no distinct spot for that location. If you were to tell someone to meet you at the reservoir, would they naturally find that exact spot? This is why we typically submit signs or even benches at places like this. It gives us a tangible anchor for the meeting spot/location.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,299 Ambassador

its a great place. But for Wayfarer purposes you need physical set points to ”anchor” that site on a map.

On streetview there seemed to be a bench over looking the lake with something written on the back. You can try to get a photo with the bench in the foreground. This then directs people to that spot to see that view. Avoid the word bench in the text - the Machine Learning (we call it Emily) filters all nominations and is not a fan of benches or scenic views so it will be difficult to get passed it. Upload the nomination, put it on hold and then come here with the photos and text so we can give our opinions, and suggest any changes.

Your other best option is to talk to local councillors about educational improvements and encouraging physical activity and better mental health, by providing information signs about the history eg the plane or wildlife, and route markers for a walking trail. Everyone would benefit.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re committing a very classic wayfarer blunder. You are convinced that your nomination is eligible. Then it gets denied. Then the forum community tells you why it got denied. Then you proceed to tell us again why it is a good nomination. We’re not the ones you have to convince, it’s the reviewers. And I fear you have an uphill battle. It’s fine to make improvements to the nomination and try again, but at some point you will probably recognize that we were right.

• Shritwod-INGShritwod-ING Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

A reservoir is rarely a natural feature, but I think it's always likely to be treated as one. A shame, because that's a really cool photo. Looks like it is good for fishing, a pier or other fishing structure might be eligible.

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭

🤦🏻‍♂️

• RobertHiggins-PGORobertHiggins-PGO Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Look around find the sign that gave you the information about the plane that is in the water. Get a photo of that sign if it is close to the the reservoir. Use one of these great photos as your second photo. This will help get the location a waypoint.