Restore a gym

Title of the Wayspot: Optus Plaque

City: Macquarie Park

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: none

Photos to support your claim: none

Additional information: I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to appeal for a gym to be put back? We have a few stops in our campus, but we used to be able to get together for raids at the gym that used to be there. Once the change happened, it kind of killed the pogo community at work.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Optus Plaque still exists in the database at -33.784283,151.120736

If this was not its original location (your coordinates in your original post are different, so I'm assuming it has been moved), it's likely someone submitted a location edit to improve the accuracy of the location. This move has resulted in it being moved into a different Level 17 S2 Cell that already contained a Pokéstop or a Gym, and caused Optus Plaque to no longer be able to be used in Pokémon Go. If you can see any of the following wayspots as a Pokéstop, then that will be what's blocking Optus Plaque from being in game:

• Optus Chessboard in the Plaza
    • Optus Campus History Pathway Plaque
    • Optus New Home
    • Optus Cellular Phone Plaque

Wayfarer is not responsible for what is used as a Gym in Pokémon Go, so even if things were not functioning as intended (they seem to be working exactly as they should do), this isn't the right place to ask about the Gym.

• Ozz1KBM-PGOOzz1KBM-PGO Posts: 3

"Wayfarer is not responsible for what is used as a Gym in Pokémon Go, so even if things were not functioning as intended (they seem to be working exactly as they should do), this isn't the right place to ask about the Gym."

Everything is working fine, I was trying to appeal the change of a Gym to a Stop, but as advised this is not the place to do that. Thank you for your time.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, so you're saying that the Gym was demoted and not outright removed? If that's the case, that could be due to someone in a position of authority making a complaint about people gathering at the Gym.

• Ozz1KBM-PGOOzz1KBM-PGO Posts: 3

If that's the case, that's disappointing. Thanks for your help.