Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Location edit stuck in voting loop?

I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve had to review the same location edit multiple times. At first I thought I thought I was experiencing some sort of weird deja vu, but after the third or fourth time seeing the location edit, I started taking screenshots and was able to confirm that I wasn’t going crazy.

The wayspot edit I keep seeing over and over again is ‘Tennis Courts at Glen Eton Park’.

It is currently located at 44.327538, -79.898348.

The review only ever asks to pick between the same two locations.

I’ve had to review the same location edit at least three times, but I imagine it’s probably been more than that. It most recently appeared in my review queue today (Feb 4, 2024) and prior to that, I reviewed the same location edit on Jan 24, 2024.

I could understand this if the wayspot was being sent back into the review queue because third or fourth location edits were added, but that’s not what’s happening.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had location edits stuck in the voting system for an abnormally long time now (to the point where I can't necessarily remember all of the ones that I've yet to have a resolution for). It does feel like something is wrong with his the system is handling them. The fact you've had this one show up multiple times suggests that there is indeed something wrong.

• DTrain2002-PGODTrain2002-PGO Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

There have been many others noting how long location edits have been taking to decide, compared to other edits. I have a location edit that I submitted in Sept 2023 that I haven't heard about yet, but I have heard back on the title/description/photo edits for the same Wayspot. Same with another location edit submitted in Nov 2023, along with a photo edit; photo has been accepted but nothing yet on the location edit.

• GCOneSixtyOne-INGGCOneSixtyOne-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭

@NianticAaron @NianThib Is anyone actually looking into this issue? This location edit just came up in my review queue AGAIN! That’s got to be five or six times now.

• EvilMasterOfAll-INGEvilMasterOfAll-ING Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have had a couple edit locations reviews pop up for the same places over and over as well. Of the top of my head, the two that pop up the most are - 1) a soccer field and the "2 choices" are right on top of each other. 2) for a trailhead and there are 10 different locations with only a few being near the trail the rest on a PRP.

Also I get location edits take a long time as I have some I put in November/December 2023 and nothing yet.