Duplicate Appeal

Title of the Wayspot: William and Muriel Peters Memorial Bench

City: Parkville, MO

I just had a submission rejected in less than 24 hours. It has been incorrectly deemed a duplicate.

With this decision being reached so quickly in our area, which often takes months for submissions to be accepted or rejected, I’m assuming this was flagged as a duplicate photo by AI.

While there are other memorial benches for other prominent members of our community nearby, this one is unique and has a unique plaque, which is easily seen in the original photo.

Is it possible to overturn this incorrect duplication rejection?

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to use the appeal button within wayfarer itself. As it isn't showing on this nomination, it's likely you've used another appeal recently and you need to wait until it's been 30 days from when you used your previous appeal.

It has been marked as a duplicate of Grigsby & Muehlbach Memorial Bench. I will say that memorial benches are typically meant to be ineligible unless they're for significant people, so whilst I see several other benches have been accepted in the local area, if you can't explain who William and Muriel were and why they are significant, I would guess that the appeal reviewer may reject your nomination as being a generic memorial bench.

• Great. I didn’t realize we could use appeals on duplicate decisions. Thanks for letting me know.