and I'm in moderation, again.

Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

This time I did not reply to a specific poster, didn't call for a mod. I never re-edited the post or used inflammatory language. Maybe I'm not supposed to mention the company's name when discussing their policies?

Comments

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,305 Ambassador

🤷‍♀️ I’ve always found it to be one of life’s mysteries.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to conclude I'm on some sort of watch list, as another reply has been in moderation for over twelve hours, now.

When I mentioned editing/changing language in previous moderated posts, I didn't use epithets, banned words, or code words to wind somebody up. I just tried to guess if maybe a word such as 'explicitly' was triggering a robot.

Since I'm not using charged language or hate speech, and I'm not attacking anyone or sowing chaos, could it be some simple metric where I am not originating enough new content to balance my responses to others?

I don't think I am triggering anything by editing stuff. It goes directly into moderation as soon as I click on 'Post Comment', with no images or strong language.

Here's what I tried to post twelve-plus hours ago, in case anybody sees something triggering:

The second screenshot shows your stats for other people's nominations that you reviewed. When your submission gets out of voting you will get an email that tells the result, and your contributions pane in Wayfarer will also update to Accepted or whatever.

I'm sorry if I miscommunicated about the road sign. I recognize the honor and gravity of your city's designation. I don't think that this kind of highway sign on every road through town make the best way to highlight the fact in Wayfarer.

As others have said, if you can articulate how or why this particular sign marks a special place it might have a better chance of passing.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,498 Ambassador

One of my recent posts was held up for almost half a day, too. I think it might just be over sensitive right now 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do hate how interrupted it makes a discussion.

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since it's not the specific verbiage (the same words went straight through above) and it's neither editing nor attachments, that doesn't leave a lot to work with. I often forget about the feedback buttons 'Like' 'Disagree' etc, for weeks or months at a time, but perhaps they factor in, as Vanilla could generate metrics from either the buttons I push or ones that others push on my comments, and if they are monitored via machine-learning there's no guarantee the decisions will make sense to us.

It is odd that the latest moderation is verging on eighteen hours, though, so my part in the conversation could easily end up on hold through an entire business day and the weekend....

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s can’t be because of disagrees lol. I have you all beat for the number of disagrees that have been given to me.