Contributions

I need clarification about how to change a Pokestop's name. Sometimes, the current name doesn't match the location, so I try to change it. But my contributions never go through. I don't know the point of contributing if they don't accept name and description changes. Can you explain the criteria for changing a Pokestop's name? The instructions they have on the page need to be clarified for me.

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you submit a title edit, it gets added to the wayfarer review queue as an edit, and will get reviewed like any other submission.

Reviewers will see the current title, and any new suggested titles (they won't know which is which), and will be asked to pick which one they think is the correct one, or none of the above if they don't think any of the titles are valid.

Once enough people have voted on your title edit, you'll receive an email informing you that it's been accepted or rejected. If it's been rejected, you can appeal it in this section of the forum using the post format you see when you create a new post here. You can also provide additional context for the edit when doing this, to help you prove that it is valid. You do need a rejection email first though in order to appeal.