John J Kirschman

Three community Albuquerque NM Pokéstops (Zip Code 871129 were removed on 5 February 2024. One Pokéstop, in existence for at least three years, was for the Grant Park, across from Grant Middle School, along Easterday Dr and across from the intersections with Garcia St NE, Parcifal St NE and Espejo St NE. Our neighborhood community uses this park for children's baseball and soccer practices and games. Nearby were two recently created Pokéstops for the Grant Playground and the Grant Sports Football Fields. Although the Park, Playground and Football Fields have the same name as the Middle School, they are for community use and are not part of the school campus, which is completely fenced in for security to only allow school personnel and students access onto the campus during school hours. Since none of these three Pokéstops are not on school property, I would like to know why they were removed and would like to appeal the decision to remove them. Thank you for your consideration.

Answers

• PapaKirschman-PGOPapaKirschman-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

Thank you for your response. This community that we live in is called "Mesa Village", as shown below the green grassy area on the above map that you provided a link to. The city of Albuquerque Parks and Recreation (which is listed on their vehicles) and not the Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) cuts, waters, and manages the grassy fields. The community children's sports teams are the only ones playing, practicing and competing on these soccer, baseball, and football fields. The community also provides various other get-together activities for families on the fields. The track on the southwest grassy area is used by the community for football team practices and for individual jogging. Grant Middle School uses the track occasionally and their gym for the rest of the time for their PE classes. The playground near Grant Middle School is not used by the school but are used by the children in the community. To me, the map indicates the grassy field belongs to Mesa Village, as is the case with many grassy fields and playgrounds that belong to their individual communities in Albuquerque. Grant Middle School is completely enclosed by a security fence with security gates to keep non-school personnel from enter the school grounds. For these reasons, I request another look at my appeal based on the information I've given above, as Grant Middle School is completely enclosed off from the grassy area, track and field, and playground, I haven't seen students out on the track during the school day since COVID and the enclosing of the school ground, and the grassy area, track and field, and playground are maintained by Albuquerque Parks and Recreation. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

• PapaKirschman-PGOPapaKirschman-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

Thank you for your response. This community that we live in is called "Mesa Village", as shown below the green grassy area on the above map that you provided a link to. The city of Albuquerque Parks and Recreation (which is listed on their vehicles) and not the Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) cuts, waters, and manages the grassy fields. The community children's sports teams are the only ones playing, practicing and competing on these soccer, baseball, and football fields. The community also provides various other get-together activities for families on the fields. The track on the southwest grassy area is used by the community for football team practices and for individual jogging. Grant Middle School uses the track occasionally and their gym for the rest of the time for their PE classes. The playground near Grant Middle School is not used by the school but are used by the children in the community. To me, the map indicates the grassy field belongs to Mesa Village, as is the case with many grassy fields and playgrounds that belong to their individual communities in Albuquerque. Grant Middle School is completely enclosed by a security fence with security gates to keep non-school personnel from enter the school grounds. For these reasons, I request another look at my appeal based on the information I've given above, as Grant Middle School is completely enclosed off from the grassy area, track and field, and playground, I haven't seen students out on the track during the school day since COVID and the enclosing of the school ground, and the grassy area, track and field, and playground are maintained by Albuquerque Parks and Recreation. Thank you again for your time and consideration.