Remove Dark & Blurry Photo with 20 Likes

Title of the Wayspot: Jack Nay Memorial Tennis Courts

City: Blacktown

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional Information:

Portal link: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=-33.770953,150.905003&z=17&pll=-33.771403,150.905019

Current photo has a count of 20, which is unrealistic to beat such a high count & the photo is dark & blurry. I’ve uploaded a new photo with 2nd highest likes but unfortunately difficulties beating the current like count. Could you please remove the current photo of the portal?

Kind regards,

Jamie

Tagged:

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with a night time photo so long as the object is visible and identifiable. And though the image is blurry, it is not to the point where the object is unidentifiable.

• RoberPCB-PGORoberPCB-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

but the photo that the agent uploaded is of much better quality than the one that the portal has, we try to leave good quality photos, right?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you believe it is the better photo, then upvote it. However, that doesn't mean that the other photos should be removed just so the new photo can be the main photo.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to overtake some of these photos with likes alone is always an uphill battle, even if they are barely legible. Yeah sure, I'll get a whole group of other agents to see whether we can overtake an existing photo, but knowing that there's an entire school of thought where it's honourable to "like the original creator's photo", we have plenty of garbage all around.

Try asking reviewers whether they would approve that nomination if that photo with twenty likes was the primary photo. Like many existing legacy portals, it is cancer. Eventually it's going to come to a point where it is an AI algorithm that determines the most presentable photo for a portal (like how Google Maps chooses their front "cover" photo) and no one is gonna be able to like anything.

Identifiable? Yes. But ugly? No way. Personally I'd like to see everything reset. These lame photo wars and mass-liking of photos during farms cause the most unsightly photos to emerge and stick to things causes these 20-like anomalies. In a university in a city that shall not be named, most portals there have two portals, one green and one blue agent's photos on each and they have over 15 likes, all throughout the university trying to one-up one another. And they're both hideous photos. Maybe removal is a bit of a stretch. But I know of instances where all photo likes on a portal were reset to zero, but all photos remained.

Perhaps that could be an option instead?

• Appeal Denied- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. Based on the evidence provided and our research, we have decided that it does not meet our criteria for edit at this time.