Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

How many reviewers needed for a nomination to be accepted ?

Asking from Cairo, Egypt. Unfortunately not that many people are reviewing and it is really slow to have any new nominations accepted.

How many reviews does a nomination need for it to get accepted ? Since we are trying to gather as much people as possible to review.

Thank you.

Answers

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody actually knows for definite, except for Niantic.

My theory is that a set amount of reviewers see each nomination, and depending how many say yes or no to it determined if it's accepted or not (I recently reviewed a nomination from a friend@Senmana-ING which I loved but straight after I submitted my review, they got an email saying it was rejected)

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was under the impression it was about 100 reviews and it needed a majority to pass, I'm basing that 100 on anecdotal evidence from people tracking photosphere

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue with tracking photospheres is that it will be more than just reviewers that can see them, so the numbers could be sketchy at best.

A few people I know have done photospheres for their submissions which have views bordering on the tens of thousands, and photospheres I've done are lucky to hit 100 views

• xScorpio12x-INGxScorpio12x-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭

I can confirm this. I submitted two photospheres around wayspots that I had nominated. Each had more than 100 views before even they could go into voting.

• SalahAlainOmar-PGOSalahAlainOmar-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Es un gran misterio, Niantic no ha a confirmado

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

We don't know.

I think that something needs to score [x] points (points being an algorithm of all the categories and weighted based on the wayfarer rating of the nominator and reviewers) before it gets [y] 1* reviews (rejections). [x] and [y] would seem to be variable depending on whether they want to build up a stock of reviews or clear a backlog.

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

This information has been intentionally withheld by Niantic.

It presumably varies based on the status of the reviewers and how well they agree.

Niantic also probably tweaks the formula sometimes. There is circumstantial evidence that they lowered the number required earlier this year to speed up the process and then later walked it back at least somewhat.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Besides the number of reviews taken, reviewer rating of the individuals also matters. These are obviously made up numbers, but it could take 100 new reviewers to accept/deny a nominations, but only 50 reviewers with higher ratings. It is also possible these ratings go beyond the simple red/yellow/green scale associated with your profile, and possibly do more with suspected "honey pot" nominations in the system.

It clearly takes more than just a few reviewers, some people suspect upwards to 100 or more. Spending more time personally reviewing is a guaranteed way to improve the turnaround time of your own nominations, especially when earning upgrades.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally there was NO maximum number of reviews before a decision was made. There still may not be any such.

They have a "secret sauce" threshold percentage each for "accepted" and "denied". If the submission's current score goes above one threshold it's approved immediately; if it goes below the other threshold it's refused immediately.

But yes, they do keep tweaking the internal processes, and every time they're questioned the only answer we get is "it's working as intended".