Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

At what point does it become "Seasonal" or "Temporary"?

These window murals/paintings have been at this location for at least 8 years (when I moved into the complex). Any advice on how to present this so it doesn't get rejected for being seasonal or not permanent? I clearly discussed how long the murals have been up in the additional info section but apparently that additional info was ignored.

If someone can clarify it would be helpful. Thanks

"This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year."

Answers

• DukeOfBellaire-PGODukeOfBellaire-PGO Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

It's more than just a temporary issue, there are multiple problems here. Foremost, the photo quality is poor - I can see you in the glass reflection, it has glare, not oriented, it's indoors, and it's not unique nor exciting to come find it while playing. Second, you mentioned 'complex' which is a private residence when many apartment complex having a security entrance gate, it's not welcome to the public nor legal on private property. I almost always reject indoor picture frames and art because it can be lifted and moved around which is also correct to label it temporary. Do not attempt to nominate this again.

• johnd131313-PGOjohnd131313-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

LOL. I'll nominate this an many times as I want, I will do a better job on the picture.

For the record, it's not indoors, it's an outdoor breeze way. Second it's an office complex. Third your take on unique or itneresting is just that, your own. Everyone has their own definition. Feedback is one thing, being a smug **** about it behind a keyboard is something else

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

My primary concern is whether these came out of an interior designer catalog and thus would be classified as mass produced art. They clearly are not custom made after all. I would presume these are at a pet groomer, veterinarian's office or other location that deals with pets.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Permanent/Seasonal is definitely seems like it isn't the correct rejection reason. Low photo quality isn't correct, either, but you could orient it a little better and try and stand out of frame to avoid overly critical rejections.

However, as with what TheFarix said, I'd be concerned if these are mass produced or simple decals that aren't necessarily art.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that these look mass produced and I'm not convinced they are a good nomination. However, apartment complexes are not PRP. Indoor nominations are not necessarily bad, so I'm not sure why that was even mentioned. The photo isn't perfectly oriented but its certainly not reject worthy for that reason. I hardly noticed the glare and did not notice the reflection until it was pointed out.

I don't think I would pass this because it looks like something you could but in a store and just hang up.

• johnd131313-PGOjohnd131313-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

Thank you for your response. They are hand painted but I agree its difficult to see that. I tried to explain in the additional information section the details such as hand painted been there multiple years etc but I guess not all reviewers read that or believe that

Once again thank you for your input. Greatly appreciated.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on what you said (hand painted, been there for years) they should be eligible, but it will be an uphill battle to prove that to reviewers who don't just take people at their word (because some people lie Unfortunately). Has the artist done any similar paintings that are online somewhere?

• AlbaBydand-PGOAlbaBydand-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Is there any way that you can use the Supplemental Information photo to show the context of the mural in the walkway you describe?

Do you know the name of the artist? Is the artist a local person? When were they painted, does the artwork have a name?

Information is key. I've had a few borderline nominations accepted based on the sheer weight of information. One example was a historical post box where I mentioned the Monarch at the time it was installed, the unusual lack of a numeral on the Royal Cypher on the Post Box, the name and location of the company that made it, approximately when it was made and age of the box. I found that out purely by using Google. The amount of information made it almost impossible to reject.

On the photo, I gave seen much worse, especially from the early days of the game and some of the original stops transferred over from Ingress. Just be aware of glare and reflection. Try different angles and use the best photo and as I said before, try to use the Supplemental information photo to really show more context of the location.

Last thing, be inventive with the name. If you don't know the name of the artwork, I would describe it like this...

Canine Triptych Mural.

Three dog portraits by Joe Bloggs, a local artist from Mytown. Painted and installed in a public, partially covered walkway in 2012 to brighten up the public space of the busy Offices Я Us office complex, this triptych is popular with visitors to the complex.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there an artist's signature? Maybe getting a closeup of it as your supporting photo may show that it isn't mass produced art.