"What's that? (Required)" Improvement

"Based on the title, description, and photo, please choose the most specific label below."

We have an issue with classifying certain types of small religious architectures here in Italy. We have Edicule, Tabernacles, Votive Niches, usually on buildings facing the streets (thus accessible to everyone without trespassing). Problem is, there's not a proper label to classify them - they're too small to be tagged as Tempio (Temple), Santuario (Sanctuary/Shrine) and Cappella (Chapel) which are buildings and not typical european architectures. "Unique architecture" doesn't feel fitting, as it's too vague.

Could you please add this label?

Tagged:

Comments

• DavidLawDJ-PGODavidLawDJ-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭

Thanks for adding "Religious Wall Art", but I guess it's a bit reductive. I have to remember you that you listed: Jizo (Buddhism Statue), Bato Kannon (a very specific Buddhism Statue), Hokora (Shinto Tabernacle), Dosojin misspelled in Do-So-Ji (a Shinto Statue usually located in Hokora) and Ko-Shinto Shrine...

Speaking of "art on buildings": what do I have to select if I'm rating a Stemma araldico (Coat of arms), Frontone Spezzato (Broken Pediment), Altorilievo/Bassorilievo (High/Bas-Relief) etc..? They are Wall Art, but not Religious. I know there is "Suspended Art" but they're not Suspended.

Moreover there is not Pietra d'inciampo (ger: Stolpersteine), which NEED to exist to not forget the 15 thousand people died during WW2. They are not simply a Plaque nor a Historical Sign nor a Gravestone.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an "other" option which allows you to type in your own suggestion during a submission.