Improvement for Re-sub

I had this rejected last night for the following reasons: “This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, Nomination title or description is not relevant, The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it.”

As you can see, there is clearly a sidewalk path leading up to it and it is near an existing stop. It can also be clearly seen from the google street view. The name seemed relevant but I could use suggestions to make it better. And as for not being “acceptable criteria”, what else could I do to make it seem more important? It is a genuine important and unique sign in the city right near the entrance to town. I don’t normally get nominations rejected so looking for input to make this better.

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a typical community sign. Every little town and city has one of these and they generally doesn't meet any of the acceptance criteria unless they have historic or cultural significance.

• TwoSkunks-PGOTwoSkunks-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

It is a community welcome sign, which is culture; and this town has more culture than most. There are people traveling through who would be glad to know these service organizations exist. It may have been rejected partly on the misspelled word in the description, but the lack of pedestrian access makes no sense.

• MasterVader113-PGOMasterVader113-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited August 2020

I’ve had a few of good nominations rejected recently for horrible reasons. I had a park bridge that was rejected for “live animal” “natural feature” and “generic business”. None of which applies so the people doing reviewers are sabotaging good nominations for some reason. Despite it being common, this is still a worthy nomination and it is 100% unique to our city.

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

The individual clubs might meet the criteria if they have fixed premises, but the sign doesn't fit any criteria.

Generic town signs are the ones put up by the various state departments of transportation. This one was ordered by the city council and likely designed and built by people in other city departments and place by the street department; it is certainly not something ordered from stock, particularly the top of the sign. I would hope that every town and city has enough pride in itself to put up one of these at every major entrance to the town. Though it may not fit any specific criteria for acceptance, there is no criteria to reject it on the basis of the sign itself. Simplify the description, it has a lot of redundancies.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Though it may not fit any specific criteria for acceptance, there is no criteria to reject it on the basis of the sign itself.

That is not how Wayfarer works. A nomination must meet the acceptance criteria in order to be eligible. If you are unable to cite a specific criterion that a nomination meets, the nomination should be rejected. Town signs generally do not meet the criteria.

edited August 2020

It’s definitely not generic and does meet criteria. Criteria for the game is actually much looser than people think so I’m not sure where you are getting your info from since niantics criteria is quite vague. And most towns do when signs that a live in the game so you are wrong. Having the Brunswick Logo on top makes it unique in itself. Welcome signs for each city are easy passes and each one is unique as long as it’s not a plain metal sign and that’s why there are so many welcome signs live in the game and why they continue to pop up all over. This is, after all, just a game. It’s not real life.

Post edited by MasterVader113-PGO on

Oh it’s definitely cultural and historical so we’re good there. Thanks!

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't rate a sign listing the local clubs and organisations as being historic or cultural, but rather the clubs and organisations themselves having historic or cultural value - wherein you would nominate their actual locations rather than a generic sign listing them all.

As @TheFarix-PGO pointed out citing the relevant AMA guidance, welcome signs are not eligible unless they have historic or cultural signifance themselves. Just saying that they doesn't make it so, one has to prove why they would be notable for it to be accepted.

Signs like this are widespread and have been around ever since travel started increasing dramatically. It is our culture to put up these signs. Does the AMA guidance, or other guidance, include a definition of culture, or rather, what Niantic is going to call culture?

edited August 2020

It’s more unique than a trail marker, a playground, a baseball field or other athletic field. The signs your guidelines talk about are the plain metal ones on a utility pole as you enter a small town, not something handcrafted. And remember, it is just a game. It’s not real life.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being unique is not a requirement. Examples you mention are accepted because they fit other/different acceptance criteria.

Trail marker, promotes exercise.

Playground, communal gathering place.

Athletic fields, promotes exercise, communal gathering place.

In case of the welcome sign, you need to convince reviewers of it's historical or cultural significance. Or hope for reviewers who happen to agree with you.