What is the criteria for wayspot removal?

I've requested two wayspot removals for the following reasons:

1. Playground marker on school (K-12) property; easily viewable via Satellite View, including the name of the school, the proximity to each other, and the path leading from the school to the playground. The playground is literally named "McKenzie Lake School Playground" in Maps. https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=50.906582,-113.98572&z=17&pll=50.906582,-113.98572
  2. Artwork on a shipping container; the container is no longer physically at the location specified. The fact that it's a cargo container (eg. likely temporary) is literally shown in the portal image as an advertisement on the container itself (beyond being able to simply see that it is a container). https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=50.986413,-114.02659&z=17&pll=50.986413,-114.02659

Both of these requests were denied, and the wayspots remained.

I don't think it's reasonable for these to be so readily rejected just to then have me fill in further details into a discussion page here. How are these being evaluated on the initial request? If more details are required, then perhaps these should be requested right up front; eg. allow for text and/or an image to be provided at the time.

Comments

• Seklai-INGSeklai-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭

Did you try to make an appeal in the forum for that? With your rejection remove email and the proofs.

I clicked on the first link and it looks like it's a public playground despite having the school on the side. The other one... well, if you have photos and got the rejection email, go to the "invalid wayspot appelas" forum and post the information.

• Diskrepansi-INGDiskrepansi-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

I guess this would be another question, then: how did you ascertain that it's a public playground rather than belonging to the school?

Assuming it's public, a logical next question (IMHO) would be: why do we not allow playgrounds associated to schools, then, since physical distance is not an issue? I assumed that proximity was the issue, but maybe I've misunderstood.

I didn't make an appeal - that's my point: an appeal shouldn't be necessary if all the required details could be provided in the first place. I happened to be in the area and noticed the problem; I'm not going all the way back there simply to take a picture and provide additional evidence. <shrug> I was just trying to be helpful and follow Niantic's guidance/option for accuracy, so I'm just disappointed that it's become more complicated to help with this.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a shared park and school grounds? Is there a fence separating the 2? That looks like a nightmare to keep separated on what is what. If I was reviewing I would want to know how the locals precieve the separation. If the playground is open to all at all times then it's OK. but if it's closed to the public during school hours then should be a no go.

• Diskrepansi-INGDiskrepansi-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

There is no fence between fields, though there is one around portions of the entire area. It's not uncommon around here to have this kind of "shared" location... and I have not been able to get information from (one of) the school board(s) yet around what the actual legal property lines are.

The playgrounds are open to all at all times, so far as I'm aware; there is no signage to indicate otherwise, though I've not been present during recess/lunch along with non-students using the playground to know if supervisors would ask anyone to leave.

Even if it's a truly shared location, it was my understanding that a portal restriction would supersede a portal allowance; ie. the fact that it's beside a school would disqualify it, even though it may also be a community playground (if that's actually the case).

I'm interested in clarifying this one in particular; if it's allowed, then there are a number of 'shared' places in my community that I will submit, as it's actually a pretty low portal count for an urban community (which is not the community/location I've presented here).

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

If it's a public playground, that people are allowed to access all day long, it doesn't matter if it's next to a school. It cannot be on school property.

Niantic's has 2 standards when it comes to Approving or Removing Wayspots. Not everything we are expected to reject meets their removal criteria, which makes no sense. Trying to get stuff from PRP removed, I've had a 60% rejection rate "we need to work together with the owners to remove this".