Community Centre

My local community centre was not approved. What can I do to improve it please?

It's not in great condition but it is well used. I've hired it out myself before for groups.

Comments

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get rejection reasons? The wrong pin on Google probably didn't help, but if the place has a website I'd put that in the support info.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

The main photo isn't great. The front walk looks overgrown enough that people might think the building isn't in use any more, especially with the Google Maps issues you've mentioned.

Is there a sign with the name of the place that you can include in the main photo? Can you take the photo from an angle where it looks better maintained? If not, can you explain in the supporting info why it looks somewhat overgrown (lack of maintenance during pandemic, general lack of funding, etc.)?

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the old abandoned community center so its not going to pass hence the derliect looking state.

Shouldn't have tried to pull a fast one and submit an abandoned building. Next time submit the proper one

• JadeVernonUK-PGOJadeVernonUK-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

It's unfortunately not the abandoned bit! The other side, which was the Sure Start Children's Centre, has been closed for years but up until the pandemic this annex section that is slightly separate was used nearly daily, as the Community Centre. I used to hire it out weekly last year for my local Home Ed group and it looks as bad inside as it does out, but it was cheap. The whole thing has planning permission to build a new one eventually. If you could zoom in on the notice board you would see weekly bingo date right up until COVID hit.

• JadeVernonUK-PGOJadeVernonUK-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

Actually you are sort of right, I don't have the whole annex building - the one that's used - in shot. This was because gates were locked due to the pandemic.