Can someone clarify why this was rejected?

This is litterally a permanent painting with the name of the St-Charles river that had been there for years. It was even made by an official street artist (bird²). You could litterally see it on Satellite views. It was rejected for not being permanent even though it is and I even took the time to explain it in the additional info part. There is tons of pedestrians that go through that part and taking a photosphere of it was frustrating. I guess it might have been mistaken for a random tag, but this is permanent.

Comments

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Eh, I think that's a stretch to grant it mural status. It's just the painted on name of a river in different colors. There's not actually a whole lot of artistic talent on display there. It's basically just looks like a graffiti name sign for the river, which doesn't seem very permanent. The angle also makes for a less-than-ideal photo (though I'm guessing you had to do that to get the whole name in the photo).

• Euthanasio2-PGOEuthanasio2-PGO Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

huh. I thought my other topic was just never posted, so since I cannot delete it, I would appreciate if a mod would delete this one and just let other post in the other one.

• BattleTARDIS-PGOBattleTARDIS-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

The fact that it is painted over another work of graffiti should be an indication of its lack of permanence. If every work of graffiti in a sketchy location was going to qualify as a pokestop, it would just encourage an explosion of tagging. We shouldn't be encouraging that by making pokestops out of it.