Introducing the India Wayfarer Challenge: 16 - 26 March Learn More
Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Generic store?

What do you see that i dont?

Before this institute looked like average soviet building. Basically - meh. I believe description and additional info was good.

Is this building that average?

Niantic: The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.

Renovated facade of Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry

Rīga

NOT ACCEPTED

UPGRADED

2020-07-20

Description

Latvian state Institute of Wood chemistry is leading Institute in biomass and wood sciences in Baltic States.

Supplemental Information

Although Institute works with biomass and wood, it's relatively unknown to the local society. Freshly renovated facade makes building energo-effective. Research is versatile - cellulose and paper, chemistry; lignin chemistry; research focuses other types of biomass - hemp, hay a.o.; polyurethanes are used by European Space Agency.

Answers

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a plaque or sign with the name of the institute on it? I've had success with scientific institutes, but only with those that show very clearly that the whole building belongs to them and they're not just renting offices or something.

• OluKaste-PGOOluKaste-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Whole building is the institute.

Plaque is yet to be put on. Renovation at fault.

I had hoped that discription would worked and that local PoGo players would help

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, without any plaque or sign, it looks like a generic office building. A nice one, but still.

Also, if I were you, I'd name my submission "Latvian State Institute of Wood Chemistry". The facade in itself is not that interesting, the institute is what gives it importance.