Best format for large-scale appeals?

Forgive the meta-topical post, but I'm hoping to make the most use of the time while Niantic is away next week. It looks like that based on the emails over the last two days, I'll have approximately twenty appeals to file from a park cleanup I did last weekend.

That's a lot more than I would have expected, and I'm worried that posting each rejection as a separate thread would be a waste of everyone's time. There have been various approaches to this problem in the past, and most have resulted in Niantic staff posting that they're investigating it.

In anticipation for this problem, I've made a Google Sheet for tracking the reports I'll need to appeal. The form has the Portal ID (from IITC), Name, coordinates, IITC link, Report ID, and some user contributed fields that indicate what kind of appeal is necessary.

First question: What would be the best format for reporting these appeals? Single post per appeal, overview post, or a grouping set?

Second: Which of these fields make your reviews easier? You ask us to post screenshots of the rejection email; is that so you can look up the report ID? If I supply that in plaintext, is that easier?

Lastly: Are there separate review processes for removals versus moves? This set of wayspots are mostly removals, but some might make sense as moves, depending on how Niantic would like to handle these.

I realize that you only have one day before your break, and I would understand if this isn't examined until afterwards. Absent any direction before the break, I'll collect what I can for the appeal and hope for clarification once you return.

Thank you for your time and support for this community @NianticCasey-ING, @NianticKN-ING, @NianticAaron-PGO, and I apologize if I missed anyone more appropriate to tag.

Comments

• bjmacke-PGObjmacke-PGO Posts: 42 ✭✭

One update on this, though I'm not sure if I'll see a response.

After @NianticCasey-ING posted the new process on Friday, I submitted the four move appeals to the new form. This didn't allow for supporting evidence from photos, so I'm not sure how well that will go.

The remaining 14 appeals are regular removal requests and I'll post those in the Support and Feedback > Invalid Wayspot Appeals section tonight (GMT-5) or tomorrow.

If you have any suggestions for how to make this process easier for Niantic staff, please let me know.

Thank you!

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a minute, they actually don't allow for photos?! Well, that's actually quite defeating... because the majority of my location edits need supporting or circumstantive evidence that can't be deduced by location alone, and often they do need a geo-tagged image to actually believe you, even if the nomination is absolutely fake.

I would really like them to include the ability to upload any photos.