[Known Issue] Delays in Upgrades
We are currently looking into a few issues that are impacting the ability for Upgrades to be processed in a timely fashion.
- Nominations incorrectly tagged for bad words: Some of these upgraded nominations were incorrectly tagged as containing bad words, which prompted them to be stuck in a pending state. Many of these have been manually reviewed, however if you think an upgraded nomination is still pending due to this issue please edit the nomination to resubmit it for review. You will be able to edit the text as long as the candidate isn’t in the voting stage.
- Incorrect abuse tags: Some Wayspots were tagged for OPR abuse, preventing them from being processed. Candidates tagged for abuse go through an extensive review of not just the candidate flagged but the overall history of the submitter, which adds time to their review.
- Lack of votes: While some of these Upgraded nominations made it through the voting process, some of them have been waiting for the necessary votes to push them forward. We are currently working on solutions that will automatically address this. In the meantime, we have requested manual review of some of these upgraded nominations.
Thanks for your patience while we work through this situation.
Adding on to what @NianticCasey shared last week, here's are some of the things affecting Upgrades:
- Nominations tagged for bad words: 99% of the candidates manually reviewed were correctly flagged for the use of inappropriate words or game-specific terms. Note that if your nomination includes these terms, you may expect a delay since these are flagged for review and removed from the main queue. We recommend the following:
- If you have an upgrade that may be affected by this issue, please edit the nomination to fix these issues. You will be able to edit the text as long as the candidate isn’t in the voting stage. More information on nomination management can be found here: https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/help#nomination-management
- When nominating new candidates, avoid using URLs, emojis, or game-specific terms (will be great as a gym etc.) in the title/description/supporting text. This will help you avoid delays and save your Upgrades for eligible candidates.
- Wayfarer Abuse: Candidates tagged for abuse go through an extensive review of not just the candidate flagged but the overall history of the submitter. As a result, these cases may take longer to review. Action will be taken on the account based on the severity and volume of abuse detected. In cases of incorrectly flagged candidates, the reporters may receive a warning or be suspended from Wayfarer.
- Other Issues: Some Upgrades may be still pending review due to the number of reviewers in the country or due to insufficient number of votes from high-performing reviewers. In addition to working on helping the reviewers improve the quality of their reviews, we are also fast tracking the review of nominations in these locations.