Feedback on this

Email:

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria.

Description

Creative employment opportunities helps people lead full lives

Supplemental Information

A unique community need to help those with special needs get jobs and have full lives From thier website http://creativeempowerment.org/ Vision Statement: Empowering People For Success Mission Statement: We believe all people are entitled to respect, dignity, community integration and the opportunity to make choices in their own future. This is a very unique and important community function for an underrepresented segment of society and deserves to have more attention brought to it to bring in even more support.

-------------------------------------------

How is this generic?

Comments

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Am I right that this is simply a workshop for handicapped/disabled people?

All this sentences from the website are only shallow and fluffy .... they beat around the busch. These statements could be applied to evrything and don't help your candidate.

In Germany this type of corporations are necessary part of the infrastructure and offer special jobs for handicapped persons and something between daycare and simple jobs for mental challenged people. As part of the capitalistic system their payment is underwhelming, but nethertheless these corporations would tell you same stuff like yours about dignity and integration in very fluffy words.

So I don't see any reason why this corporation with this sign as a proxy should be a wayspot, because it doesnt fulfill any criteria, as far as I understand this corporation. The only difference to the German example is the program for autistics - there are aspects, that could fit the criteria in a farfetched manner, but I don't think that's enough.

----

to add an general aspect to improve your nomination:

take horizontal primary pictures, if the object is more broad than high, for example like this sign. In general a good support photo is in 99.9% of the cases horizontal too - otherwise you don't show enough surroundings. Yours is 40% useless asphat concrete and 30% useless sky ....

Furthermore change your camera settings to 4:3 for submissions.

Post edited by Raachermannl-ING on
  • Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭

Its a place that helps handicapped/disabled get jobs & other functions.. It shuttles them to work and gives them assistence.

People can volunteer there to help or donate there to help. Both worth bringing attention to

• Faversham71-INGFaversham71-ING Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭

Like charities, they might be worthy organisations, but aren't eligible under the criteria.