Improving Historic Display Case

Any ideas on how to improve this? Rejected for seasonal/temporary (it's not, been there at least 2.5 years) and unable to confirm location (photosphere there).

Comments

• DukeOfBellaire-PGODukeOfBellaire-PGO Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Yes, I would suggest that you walk away from this. You are on CSU campus and there should already be plenty of nice POIs outside. Indoor displays of anything is very difficult to please reviewers and verify the location. It has to be really close to the lobby entrance or window view to be able to see it from Google Street Map. Even when you say it has been there for 2.5 years, that's not very long and this can easily be removed or replaced the next day. It's just a matter of time with the next carpet replacement.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I would say submit it again and just keep your fingers crossed for reviewers who read the submission in its entirety, and check if they think the location is hard to prove. It must be easy to see the anthropology department is there based on Google maps or links, which means at least a 3* on location - meaning even if I can't see it, it is likely to be present because why wouldn't a display case be in an anthropology department? Also if you have included a photosphere then there should be no reason to reject it.

I think this is a case of reviewers being overly skeptical. If the display is removed or changed at a later date then the waypoint can be edited or removed at that time. It's not a temporary display to my mind, especially if it's been there over 2 years already.

Good luck!

It may be a waste of time continuing on this. According to Ingress Map, it appears that every campus building already has a Wayspot.

Crossing fingers and luck do not help. It needs to be a high quality nomination to meet the overall score.

(I haven't figured out how to remove the annoying bluish territory over the map in Ingress, yet).

• Daemare-PGODaemare-PGO Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

And my resubmission went into voting, got upgraded since it was my only submission in, and rejected after 5 hours.

"Reasons":

-k-12 School even though I said it was on a university

-seasonal

-no pedestrian access even though there is a freaking automatic door in the supporting info

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear it. Unofrtunately this happens, as there are lots of reviewers who are looking for reasons to reject anything.

However, I'd still suggest that you try again, but definitely without upgrading. Upgrading nominations that are not 100% slamdunks unfortunately results in rejection almost all the time in my experience.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think this one will get approved, and the reason is that this appears to be a display case on rollers. Anything on rollers or wheels is not eligible unless you can prove it is permanently mounted. There isn't a check off box for rejection for being moveable, so the reasons in the email have to be taken with a grain of salt. I would not try this one again, but as a previous comment said, you might get lucky.

• Daemare-PGODaemare-PGO Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Was definitely worth doing it again. 3rd time's the charm.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Oh that's fantastic news! Well done!

Yep, it must have been rolled outside as marked in Ingress. lol I knew it was going to be too crowded for a Pokestop, unless...