No win situation

I take a picture of the sign, and it is a generic business. I take a picture of the trail and sign and it is a low quality photo. How do I get this trailhead approved?

Answers

• Skywalkered-PGOSkywalkered-PGO Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, neither the sign nor the trail is eligible by the looks of things. Sign would get rejected for being generic (fault/laziness of the reviewers for selecting it as a business) and trails are only eligible if it's a named trail, which doesn't appear to be the case here.

• Makes sense to me. 80% of the trail marker pokestops in our area are unlabeled but approved. Consistentcy is not a strong point in wayfarer reviews.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

you also have to remember that criteria has changed as time goes by. many things that were accepted in ingress before pokemon go ever existed would not meet criteria today.

• That may be, but it makes for a very frustrating experience. Especially since unmarked basketball courts, tennis courts, and baseball backstops are accepted but a marked city trail... Nevermind. I am done with the reviewing process. It seems to be random despite all the guidelines. Wasting upgrades on valid POIs is a lost cause.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

This instance is not really random... (although it can be at times!). The name of the trail has to be on the trail marker to meet criteria. If there are signs with the trail name, those can be approved. The rejection reasons are often nonsense which is super annoying- but rejection appears to be the correct response in this case.

Niantic needs to do a better job of consolidating all the criteria in one place (which they say is coming). This would help people to not submit the wrong things/things that USED to be allowed. And it would help keep reviewers educated.