Rejected nomination: inaccurate location.

Hello, I’m fairly new to nomination progress and wanted to know if the description (20meter) that I made is the reason why this wasn’t accepted, because otherwise I really don’t understand why this got rejected. On the left in the back is the entance clearly vissible, to the right is the entrance to the library (is also situated in the same building).

Comments

• ninemst1-PGOninemst1-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

As I’m the only onze with no comment, I feel like a have to explain a bit more. About twintig weeks ago I had my first nomination and there by my first rejection “double”, as I couldn’t understand why I looked a bit deeper into it and found out about the S2 cells and the 20meter rule and saw that this was the reason why the Poi never showed op in PoGo.

So there for I redraw my first nomination of “Town hall” because I knew that if it passed it again would not show up in the game, since there was another “invissible” Poi “the library”. So I thought that by being honest about why I put the Poi at the back entrance would help, little did I know that it would backfire so hard :). I know it’s against rules to beg, but to me I had no intention of begging. So if someone please can tell me if this got rejected only by my honoust description and if it would pass at the same location (as it is still on the Poi) without the description. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Ultimo6419-PGOUltimo6419-PGO Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Hm. I am quite sure I have seen the picture... I am new to the reviewing process as well. I do not remember my exact rating. But I will share my thoughts. I am from Germany, I speak German and English. It is difficult for me to understand your nomination. I used to skip those but I guess, they only send them if there is no other reviewer and nominations would be stuck in queue for too long. I did understand it is a town hall and in general, I would accept it. I certainly did not understand your problem that this POI is "lost to the world" because it is too close to the existing library POI. I recall wondering about where the library is, I did not see the entrance. I suppose I flagged it as duplicate. Or I did not accept the wording for the moving, sounds like abuse of the criteria. Sorry for that.

I would have rated differently if I had better understanding that there was one part of the buliding that was library and another part of the building was town hall.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

You told reviewers that you purposefully misplaced the pin. Most likely consequences are 1* mismatched location or the pin is moved to the front door.

--

This part of the building is the town hall? You could try placing the pin on the front door side, exactly outside the 20 m radius. See the marker I placed.

Note, take the from the different angle (same as your current support photo) and don't(!) show the concrete "Het Huis..." letters even in the support photo, otherwise there's a greater risk that the pin will be moved. I know, sounds stupid but that's how it often works.

Mention in the support text that the bibliotek operates in a different section of the building?

Good luck, you'll propably need it.

• Hamson67-PGOHamson67-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

I have seen this picture/building.

I was confused of the title. It was called De Kouter. Stadhuis was not in title. So I thought "What is this building?" And I know about the library too because I am used to look up things if I have no clue. So I then knew it was the townhall.

I think I have rejected it. At least I had doubts.

I can say in general that I don't like it if people adjust location beforehand and mention it in their comment as well, just to get it accepted. Even if your intention is not to beg, it is to influence the reviewer and that is not right.

edited September 2020

@Ultimo6419-PGO thank you for your response, I also receive a lot of nominations in German, French etc :)

The library was marked on the right with a Poi that wasn't showing up in PoGo because it shared the same cell as a statue in front of the building. My first nomination was in the middle of these 2 Poi's and therefore wouldn't show up in PoGo.

@Kellerrys-ING thank you for your response, I've learned the hard way that it is better to keep it to myself :)

Your circle is indeed the town hall but (I don't know by heart) I think your location is at the same cell as the 2 others and that's the reason that I nominated the back entrance.

I actually used the letters because it was the name of the building, making it a great picture, not thinking about it that people would see that as Poi on his own.

Please could you explain a bit more why you say "Good luck, you'll propably need it." Looks like your saying I wouldn't try to get this nominated because it's "burned".

@Hamson67-PGO thank you for your response, "stadhuis" is Dutch for town hall :) maybe better use English next time (like in my first nomination) got a bit to native I think.

As I understand your point of view, I must say that at the moment I made my first post about it here, I was quite angry that it was rejected. I told in my description why I put the marker at the back entrance just because, after all the things I saw passing by in wayfarer, that I didn't want to have my Poi going to waste. At the end, we all try to "influence" reviewers, because we all want our nomination to be accepted, the only difference is that some will be honest about it and others not so much and even worse, they will try to nominate things that are not even worth being looked at.

For further nomination purposes: if I nominate a building and take a good picture of the front (because this is most of the time the most interesting side) from a building that is accessible from both sides, does my marker have to be at the front?

Post edited by ninemst1-PGO on
  • Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you'll always want to place it at the front entrance. Unless the thing you are nominating/photographing is somewhere else. But even THEN sometimes the pin gets moved. I nominated an engraving on the side of a building, stated in support it was physically located on the side, and it still got moved to the front entrance.

"Your circle is indeed the town hall but (I don't know by heart) I think your location is at the same cell as the 2 others and that's the reason that I nominated the back entrance."

I checked also the cell borders, it should be in different cell. But check it with IITC when you retry, it's a tight fit.

"I actually used the letters because it was the name of the building, making it a great picture, not thinking about it that people would see that as Poi on his own."

Don't get me wong, your photo is a logical choice and a very good one. Except for the pin placement reasons.

People don't consider the letters a POI of it's own...

"Please could you explain a bit more why you say "Good luck, you'll propably need it." Looks like your saying I wouldn't try to get this nominated because it's "burned"."

...but from my(!) experience reviewers tend to move pin either to the middle of the entrance or the "main feature" of the photo (in this case the letters). That's why the rather odd angle recommendation (send a better photo afterwards if the nomination is approved).

Sorry, didn't mean to discourage. You're just unlucky with the placement of old POIs and cell borders. English isn't my mother language, I'll try again.

Good luck, it's a worthy POI, hope you'll manage to get it on the game maps.

• Ultimo6419-PGOUltimo6419-PGO Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Honesty should not be a problem. In general, a building is allowed to have more than one POI if it large enough and has more than one interesting parts. The building seems to be large enough.

The pin must be located at the place of the photo, anything else will be difficult. If you explain that your new POI is at the comminity centre side of the building and mention that the library is at the other side and not a duplicate, it would be easier to understand.

It will remain difficult, I suppose. Next time, other reviewers will be involved and they need to understand only by the words of the nomination.

Thx all for the advices, especially @Kellerrys-ING

Nice to hear it went through, I appreciate the follow up. You managed to get your town a new gym as well? :)

Unfortunately not yet, but happy with the new POI’s that where accepted 🙂, especially when you here how happy kids are with these new stops. Maybe I should take a closer look how to get a gym.

IIRC it should have been the sixth Pogo object/cell in that L14 cell, but I might remembet wrong.

For gym related info, check

https://www.reddit.com/r/NianticWayfarer/wiki/faq

I just wanted to edit my reaction when I saw your response. You remembered correctly, with the new stop in place, a new gym appeared in the game, let’s go for gold now 😂

Thx for the link, I’ve found some information as well 🙂