I guess I have to resubmit it

Hi all. this request was rejected and I dunno why. Photos are good, the location is no mismatched and it talks about a huge period from our history: the sign remembers those who were disappeared in the last coup d´etat (1976). As the tile says I guess the only thing I can do is to resubmit it.

Comments

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Excuse my ignorance of Argentinian history here, but was Luis Daniel Garcia a big player in the 1976 coup d´etat? Does the sign memorialize him specifically or does it give info about the coup itself?

Without knowing what the sign says or having a great grasp of the context here, my guess is that either this was rejected for being a generic memorial and therefore invalid as a POI OR it for being less than 40 m away from a single family residence home.

If you believe this POI to be a valid submission, I would suggest making a lot better use of your supporting info area to describe why this is valid as the criteria you're submitting it under/link to Niantic clarifications that show this has been specifically stated to be eligible as a waypoint.

• AnibalHigh-PGOAnibalHigh-PGO Posts: 37 ✭✭

The sign says " Here lived Luis Daniel Garcia (aka The Egg) who was a communist party militant who was kidnapped and killed while he was taking part in military service on August 12, 1976." That sign, with that name, was the only made. It is a way our mayor remembers people born in our city and were killed by the coup (it is not a generic memorial) . It works as reference of the corner where he used to live (it is going to be placed less than 40 mt of any residential house).

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭

i also can't read the sign, but i did a google search on "esquinas de la memoria" and it seems like this is a project that should be accepted. what were the reasons for rejection in the email? the photo is a little dark, so maybe a better photo, but that shouldn't have caused it to be rejected. you could include a link in the supporting information to this project to confirm it is valid: http://www.merlo.gob.ar/esquinas-de-la-memoria/

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Thanks! That indeed seems historically relevant to me, and I would think it should be valid. Perhaps people were just overzealous about it being near private residences? Nothing else really jumps out at me as to why it could have been rejected. Possibly the orientation of the photo? Can you bring something to stand on so you can get a more straightforward view of the sign? I think you can try re-submitting but make good use of the supporting info space to point out how this is historically relevant. For the title, maybe try "Memorial for 1976 Coup D'etat Militant"?

• AnibalHigh-PGOAnibalHigh-PGO Posts: 37 ✭✭

There is no an specific reason about that. It only says this is a no turning back decision also it gave me a link where I could check some tips to improve my request. Im gonna try improving the photo quality.

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I think if your phone is set to English when submitting then you get the email back in English with the top 3 reasons selected for rejection. I am English and always get between 1 and 3 reasons in the email.