Correcting a Wayspot

Kimmers57442-PGOKimmers57442-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Misc Appeals Discussion

Hello all, I’ve finally reached level 40 after playing randomly since 2016 and I have a few questions that I haven’t seen answers for while browsing the posts here so sorry if these have been answered elsewhere (I’m trying to learn about all this still!!)

I currently live in a small rural town (moving back to my home state in a month) that only has 7 or so waystops and one gym. Super excited to add new waypoints here for everyone! So there’s one stop here which is our only gym that used to be the public library, but a couple of years ago they moved to a new building in town, and now where the gym is, the city police have offices. Is there a way to change the gym to reflect this? Or should I just not worry about the change and leave it as is?

I don’t want to mess up the only gym we have, and don’t want to waste any of my next 7 nominations if it takes away one of those to make a correction. There are still lots of great POI’s for me to nominate before I move out of state...

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm supposing the library has been moved far away, so here's two option:

1. Report the Wayspot for "permanently removed", and nominate the newly relocated library...., however of course you"ll lost that gym,

2. Use this form to request its location edit (which I'm supposing over than 10m):

Additionally, you can go to Location Edit Request section for direct request.

• Thank you for the information @patsufredo-PGO! I might just leave it as is for now then because I’m only here another few weeks before I move out of state and can only make a limited amount of nominations in that time.

This is a small rural town 60 miles from a bigger town so I’m hoping I can contribute enough to get at least one more gym here before I leave, for the other players in the area.

The Library was moved two blocks down into the same building as our Museum which does have a Pokestop currently as the Museum so it probably wouldn’t hurt to leave it, I’m just a little OCD and like things showing correctly 😂 I also still need to figure out the cell part of all this to see how close another Wayspot can be to the current one before trying to submit for the new library location.