Vote abuse

Nowadays when i sent nominations which have street view photos and at Real locations however, my request is denied with the mismatched location option. What is this if not abuse of fair voting?

how can we stop this abuse??

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Well, I can't say anything about whether or not it's true what happened, but I doubt a whole lot can be done about it. Sometimes you get unlucky with the people that judge your nomination. This is rough of course, but it's unfortunately part of the system.

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

That was unfortunate.

Perhaps the nomination was newly added, and still haven't been updated into Google Street View. If latest picture of GSV is from 2017 and the nomination is built around 2019, we can only judge it's authenticity from zoomed in satellite images, and it was hard.

Not to mention a lot of submissions' photo and supporting photo aren't that helpful at determining it's location.

• manofwarr-PGOmanofwarr-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

My request came across to my friend and he took a screen shot and shared it with me. And everything is nearly Perfect. Sv and my nomination location are at the same cell. Even not far away one metre. Unless at the end of the voting i got a message your nomination is inelegible because of miss matched location. Is it fair? Nia do sth for these abuse votes. For fair games...

• LolaMenton-PGOLolaMenton-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

As soon as I reached level 40 in pogo I requested a pokestop or gym near my local area. Needles to say no answer and is still in voting. I think this process is unfair and slow. I am an active player and have only requested a stop. I find it a bit out of touch that we as users need to do the job of the developers. Why not connect the request to Google Map. I am pretty sure that would work just fine. :(

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

You know how many requests people submit? The fact that there are so many submissions makes it a slow process. Even if they did it themselves, it wouldn't go much faster I am afraid.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

sometimes the reason stated in the rejection email has little to do with the actual reason for rejection. if your nomination meets CURRENT criteria - not just matches others that already exist - then you should try again. be sure your supporting photo shows the object, too, and in relationship to something else on the map that reviewers can check. there is also a "Google Street View" app that you can use to take a photosphere to place on Google Maps for reviewers to see.