Is there anything to add or improve to this nomination.?

I don't understand the reason of rejection about this nomination. Can you help me.?

This is a tourism building that was painted recently with a patadyong design (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patadyong).

Google map is not updated

Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/guBzVTUZNifz1eng6

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    edited September 2020

Maybe because of that big banners, the reviewers thougt of an unpermanent submission. Maybe a streetview sphere can help you out. Otherwise try to put a link in the extra information.

When i took the first look, I thoght, that the location is wrong, because of the form of the house. There, a streetview sphere would also help out^^

To the rejection criteria:

-Does not meet criteria: it definately does, it has a high cultural meening and is important for tourists

-private property/farm: W T F

-not permanent: Thats the point I can at least understand

Try submitting it again, its definately POI worthy

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Now, I'm not Filipino, but I probably would have rejected for "doesn't meet criteria" as well. Don't just tell me this is culturally relevant - explain to me how.

I would say you could add a comment in supporting info that the paint is new and that google maps isn't updated. You might also throw that link on what Patadyong is (and why it's culturally significant) in your supporting info. Or is there a link or interview from the tourism building where they talk about why they wanted to add the pattern to their front? You say that the wall art promotes culture and tradition, but you don't really explain how or why anywhere. As well, I see that patadyong typically includes a "checkered, colorful design". Now, considering that this is a tourism building, I'm willing to believe the paint pattern is meant to represent patadyong, but is there anything you can provide that proves it's supposed to represent patadyong and isn't just an eye-catching, geometric pattern?

• Thank you @LukeAllStars-PGO and @TorvoTeratos-PGO for the comment and advise. Just saw some good link and addition for supporting information in FB page of our Tourism Office about the wall art. It really is a good help what is missing in my nomination.