Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Score Boards Good Waypoints?

I used to consider score boards good waypoints. Recently, I review one for a baseball field but realized that all seven score boards in that park were identical. This got me questioning the uniqueness and overall quality of the submission. Please share your opinions.

Best Answer

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

NianticCasey clarified the eligibility of scoreboards in this thread as not being eligible. Many people disagree with this, and many others have come to the same realisation as you - where the criterion for scoreboards (at least in my country) has evolved to the point where a basic/generic scoreboard is not eligible, but a memorial scoreboard could be eligible if sufficient information is given to indicate why the person is/was notable (much like a memorial plaque).

A generic scoreboard is not the same as an information sign, it does not provide information to a person and is only intended for use at certain times whilst a game is being played and the only information it conveys are numbers. It's not inherently a point of interest either, therefore they are not unique or special.

Answers

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

I review one for a baseball field but realized that all seven score boards in that park were identical.

That means they are mass produced objects with no outstanding value (historical/cultural/artistic), you should give it low ratings.

But please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@Basebalkid-PGO

Generally speaking, I would say they don't meet criteria, but I'd have to see the ones in your country/area, their distance to the fields, if they're reachable or not..

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

NianticCasey clarified the eligibility of scoreboards in this thread as not being eligible. Many people disagree with this, and many others have come to the same realisation as you - where the criterion for scoreboards (at least in my country) has evolved to the point where a basic/generic scoreboard is not eligible, but a memorial scoreboard could be eligible if sufficient information is given to indicate why the person is/was notable (much like a memorial plaque).

A generic scoreboard is not the same as an information sign, it does not provide information to a person and is only intended for use at certain times whilst a game is being played and the only information it conveys are numbers. It's not inherently a point of interest either, therefore they are not unique or special.