Stop Rejection Error not accurate. WHY?

So I got this as my rejection. The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant.

The sign clearly matches to the request and you can see it on the map. So what is wrong with this? Very disappointing and frustrating system.

Answers

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

From what I see about this, is that is does kinda match the rejection criteria. The sign is for a certain shop, which could be seen as a generic store. Reviewers then put the rejection under that category, not because it is a shop, but because it is related to the shop in question. Not sure if I would let this sign pass myself too, as from what I can see about it, it's not too special (not trying to be rude).

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I don't see this sign meets any criteria. If its a unique local business that's super important to the community, you haven't mentioned that in the description, so maybe share the supporting information too?

Tel us why you think it's a really strong nomination, because it looks like a normal looking woodwork shop sign and you haven't mentioned any reason why it is special.

I'd have thought a cool waypoint for this sort of shop would have been a wood carving or even if the sign was custom made at the shop, then it would be a nice nomination for unique artwork. But this sign doesn't seem to be like that.

• Tim2gill-PGOTim2gill-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for feed back. Will look add adding more of a description on these type of requests. Thought a local wood working shop would be good for a stop and is self explanatory.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah you have to really spell things out in the nomination even if it seems obvious to you. Not everyone who reviews your submission will be from the area, so even a place that everyone from your area would recognise would have to be written up as if the reader has never heard of it, and really "sell it".

Usually shops are very hard to get accepted - generic business is frequently the rejection criteria on a wide range of businesses. So often it's worth looking for other submissions first. A few months ago I wanted to submit more things in my suburban area and tried a local bike shop (not part of a chain) which has a cycling club and supports local cycling groups, but that was also rejected as a generic business. Luckily I found that the shop over the road from it had a really nice mosiac sign on their wall which was accepted straight away.

So really my recommendation is to see if there is anything else in the area, but if the shop is the one you're wanting to submit again, work out what criteria you think it meets and really sell that in the submission.