Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Could this be accepted if resubmitted? What additional information woudl be needed?

Floating Petals (Pétalos Flotantes)

Exposition that serves as adornment in the stairs of Torre Central (Central Tower - Name of the building) in Oficinas en el Parque (Offices in the Park - Building Complex name).

This is an exposition that has been in the building for over 12 years. Even though this is inside the building it does have pedestrian access as even it can be appreciated from outside (additional photo), just infront a very big esplanade/public square. You can find a [Starbucks / Siren] coffee house, restaurat and gym. [...]

This is the building (Torre Central), you can see the gym at the back, the starbucks is located on thr right, the esplanade is on the left.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.6702568,-100.3773079,3a,75y,113.32h,91.4t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1svMHkTgB2Cr72wYD11mbp-Q!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DvMHkTgB2Cr72wYD11mbp-Q%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D9.76455%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

Answers

• Itsutsume-INGItsutsume-ING Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

It probably could qualify as "cool piece of art or unique architecture", but looks meh to me (but well, I'm picky). It doesn't help that you can't really see it from the outside, so maybe creating a photosphere would help.

• Itsutsume-INGItsutsume-ING Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

btw, what was the reason for rejection?

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like an artistic installation for me. I'd try again.

Are you able to find info on who designed/made it and use it in description? Something like this (with correct facts of course).

"Installation consisting of 15 falling red petals. By x.x, material red canvas and metal wire, unveiled in 2008."

Concentrate on the installation and proving it's location in the support text? Restaurants and gyms in the building don't really have effect on eligibility.

Minor detail, can you get a better picture from upstairs? Your photo is good/ok (difficult target), but my experience with these kind of targets is that the first impression is important.

Good luck.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this should absolutely be accepted, but it could certainly take a few tries.

I agree with what was said previously that the artist and official title of the installation would be very helpful. If you can't find it online, perhaps there's a plaque somewhere in the building with this information. You might even try contacting the building manager, as they would probably have that information. If you find the artist, they might even have this installation listed on their website, which you could link to in your Supporting Information as proof.

You mention pedestrian access in your supporting info, but go on to say it can be appreciated from outside. This isn't really necessary. Just say that there is pedestrian access inside the building and be done with it. Being able to see it from outside isn't relevant (except to verify the location, which is best done with that excellent supporting photo you submitted).

I also agree that there's no need to mention the nearby businesses. Unless they're being used to help establish the correct location (which would mean they'd need to be visible in one of the photos), they're not relevant to the submission's success.

Last, I want to say that I think your primary photo is pretty good for this. It gives a good impression of the installation, with the stairs spiraling up giving a good impression of the height.

• Zoombie3000-PGOZoombie3000-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

Thank you for nominating Petalos Flotantes on Nov 4, 2019. Upon review by the Niantic community of players, we regret to inform you that this nomination is ineligible.

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd agree with "Generic business".

• Zoombie3000-PGOZoombie3000-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

There is no "business" is a complex for offices... and its not what is being featured, the artistic work is the one that is the PoI...

Well, that is how I see it...

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to to the answer above.

In that case you have misunderstood this nomination and/or the guidelines. Even IF the location was a "generic business", nominations inside the business (usually some kind of building or store) can be valid.