Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Would You Have Accepted This Former Factory? (Grade II listed)

It got rejected because of its apparent educational provision (K-12; school or nursery). The building is now mixed use but there's no educational establishment on it. Nearby there is an indoor play area but this is not connected to my nomination. Factories are well known for having schools inside them?

It also got rejected because there is no pedestrian access even though I stated that there are sports venues inside, such as gym and kickboxing club. Historic England entry: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1408072

There is safe pedestrian access, as Google Street View shows, both from the car park and the main road outside the perimeter. Plus members of the public can go inside the building. There is even a café on the premises.

Answers

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

If you're submitting this as historically significant, I think you need to emphasize that more in your title/description and supporting info. You just kinda snuck the "historic" listing in there without actually drawing that much attention to it. If I was reviewing at a mid-to-fast pace, I would have skimmed right over that and rejected for being a generic business.

Maybe "Historic Tilling-Stevens Building" (factory might trigger some people's generic business trigger finger without them bothering with the rest of the info) and then share some of the reasons for designation in the supporting info. I think you can get rid of the wiki link and just focus on the historical aspect.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with what both people said above! For all my historic nominations, I put Historic in the title, and usually the date it was built in parentheses at the end.

Eg: Historic Tilling-Stevens Factory (1917).

I think it helps get reviewer's attention right off the bat so they don't mistake it for a generic factory.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Sadly there was not enough room to say everything I wanted to say. The description section is too restrictive. Niantic needs to give us more room to type: I barely managed to squeeze in three sentences.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, will reconsider when I'm next in that area.