Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

are these classed as a trail marker.

hi everyone thanks for viewing this. I've been trying to get these national cycle route markers in the game for the last year but I've been having some luck with getting some into the games but then I have also been running into some trouble getting others into the game. so I am looking for some clarifications on of the are eligible so I can place this comment thread into the supporting info of my next resubmission.

I have also provided the screenshots of the local ones I have been lucky to get into the game.

Answers

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Your rejected one doesn't appear to have a trail name, just number. The first stop you posted does appear to have a name "Llynfi Valley Community Route". The second one it's hard to tell in that image, but it looks like a sign post which likely does have route names.

Trail markers are valid submissions if they have the name of a trail on them.

• Marc114-PGOMarc114-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

I see what you mean with the 2nd one there is 2 trails on there so it is a little more confusing and that's probably why route 885 got in because voters didn't really check the nomination carefully. I've got a clearer picture of the poll down below which is route 885 there's no real name on it apart form the route number.

the route name is on the on that was rejected though its the national cycle route and then the number 885 but I can see why it would be rejected and is a hard sell as a nomination.

here's the actual of the red gym one above.

thanks

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another possible issue- someone please correct me of I I misunderstand- I'm not sure these types of national cycling routes are eligible? If they are meant solely for bicycles they aren't eligible. If its shared use for bikes and walking, those may be okay. Someone with more local knowledge can probably provide better insight into these national cycling routes.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,272 Ambassador

I do think it would it be helpful to have clarity from @NianticCasey-ING.

When I have read comments previously from Niantic the clear intention is that the trail is specific not just an unspecified path. This is described as a “named” trail and then taken to be a name as in words. i Personally don’t see a significant difference between trans Pennines trail ( a name) and national cycle network NCN62. They are both used to describe exactly the same long distance route - a specific trail rather than a regular legal footpath. So it shouldn’t be that one designation is allowed and the other isn’t.

For reference the NCN routes are usually primarily pedestrian routes that have been opened up for cycles too.

I would differentiate between the routes that are away from road traffic eg along riverside walks or old railway lines, and the sections that are using ordinary roads/ pavements as the later are not distinctive.

Something that is a simple arrow with a figure walking is a mass produced sign that can be placed anywhere. A sign showing a change in direction in the the specific route ( 2 different directions) with mileage to specific places is unique to that spot and that trail, so it is not mass produced.

The purpose of these routes is to promote people to get out and explore - which is one of the fundamentals.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I think as things become more common in an area they become less likely to be accepted. So any trail markers which on their own would probably be accepted when there are 5 or 6 others in the near by stars probably start to dissappear. With many it might be an unconscious thought.

• YouLostAStar-INGYouLostAStar-ING Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

ive seen that argument before but there’s a wood south of Birmingham which is filled with trail markers with just plain red, blue and yellow arrows. None of them is a named trail but they all got approved.

how the system is meant to work and how it can be abused are too seperate things unfortunately