Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Are outdoor floorball fields eligible?

Here's a question: would these be eligible (if on public property, permanent etc?)?

I would consider floorball fields to be eligible since they promote physical activity in the same way as a soccer/football field does. This one was rejected because it didn't meet the acceptance criteria (which I find odd), and it appeared to be a seasonal display (which is strange considering it's permanent and usable during all seasons).

Here's a picture from above.

Best Answer

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It's small and has sand/grovel surface.

It is eligible, but in my experiencee difficult to get accepted. Especially because of that "seasonal display" criteria misunderstanding.

I tend to mention in similar submissions what the field is used for and that its used all year round (goals are not taken away for winter). Easier to prove for reviewers if it's also used as ice field/rink. Not sure how far north you're located.

Also, I have trouble seeing an actual floorball field. Instead I see a small, multipurpose play field with small goals. "Aftonvägen spelplats/idrottsplats"?

Answers

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It's small and has sand/grovel surface.

It is eligible, but in my experiencee difficult to get accepted. Especially because of that "seasonal display" criteria misunderstanding.

I tend to mention in similar submissions what the field is used for and that its used all year round (goals are not taken away for winter). Easier to prove for reviewers if it's also used as ice field/rink. Not sure how far north you're located.

Also, I have trouble seeing an actual floorball field. Instead I see a small, multipurpose play field with small goals. "Aftonvägen spelplats/idrottsplats"?

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,504 Ambassador

I would be skeptical of the goal itself being permanent. I would have focused on the field overall but make sure to include the goals in the main picture, and stress that it is permanent in the Support statement.

Generally speaking, athletic fields & things that encourage a physical and active lifestyle are eligible. There must be something used to "anchor" the nomination, and reviewers are likely concerned that the goal post you focused on could be moved and/or removed at any time.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree I think the issue was that the goals LOOK easily movable. If they stay up all year long, explain that and state how many years they have been around. If its listed on a town website you could include the link, which would be a big help. People pick the temp/seasonal reason when things look loke they are easily moved.