Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Independent cinemas

So why is it people still dont stay updated with criteria when reviewing. I have submitted 3 times a small local cinema not part of a chain and it still keeps getting rejected.

I'd like to see a forced message that when criteria is updated the message has to be confirmed as read before reviewing can be done and there should be ramifications to rejecting eligible submissions.

Answers

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue with your suggestion is that people will do exactly what they do with T&C when signing up to new sites, or whatever - scroll past everything and click the confirm button.

• Dazzz123456-PGODazzz123456-PGO Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

That's why there needs to be ramifications to rejecting nominations like allowing appeals for rejecting

I know the group who are rejecting it as one of them saw it in reviewing and said it was eligible and they all agreed is shouldn't be approved even though niantic has changed the criteria.

• Senmana-INGSenmana-ING Posts: 129 ✭✭✭✭

Would you be open to sharing your nomination here, perhaps there's some other reason it's getting rejected eg not on SV, or maybe we can help to jazz up the description?

I imagine there's nothing wrong with your nomination and it should get approved as it is, an independent cinema would get a very high rating from me. But sometimes it can just be the odd word or phrasing that tips people either way and getting feedback from others outside of the area can really help.

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dazzz12345-ING I am in agreement with @Senmana-ING post the nomination and we can help you with a description.

The wayfarer clarification still lists even if its not a chain Cinema it should be historically or culturally significant. So if the description doesnt sell it then it might be tough. I would also reference people go review the January guidelines update in your support details.

Theaters (cinemas, live performance theaters, amphitheaters)

• Acceptable: Live performance theatres or amphitheaters in a park, business park, or apartment complex; cinemas with historical or cultural significance or that have been featured prominently in travel guides and are popular tourist destinations.
    • Not acceptable: Generic or chain theaters with no distinguishing feature or significance or those that are adult-oriented.

edited April 2020

I haven't got what I put in the description.

When you have a large group Influencing people with wrong information when reviewing it's hard to see how it will get in.

Thankfully the vast majority of reviewers won't be in that group, so even if they're giving out incorrect information, the rest of us who review will look favourably providing there's proof it isn't a generic/chain business.

Unfortunately they are they claim to be the unofficial uk wayfarer group

I was recently part of a large UK Wayfarer chat and it was often the case that things everyone said they'd approve would get rejected and vice versa. Things don't always go the way that they should.

Really push the cultural significance of it more, cinemas do bring the community together, and hopefully it'll be enough the next time you get to submit it. Best of luck :)

I put the link to the the page with the official guidance.

I was in the group but got kicked out because I disagreed with the admin. He said something was a scout hut or something. I live near the poi but didnt submit it. When I said it was eligible and it was approved and in game he kicked me out.