Fresh updates in Wayfarer 3.0!
Welcome to Wayfarer 3.0. As noted in the Path to 2021 post, we’ve been working on some fresh new updates to your Wayfarer experience.
Here’s what’s new:
- Improving Rating Display: We’ve split up the previously ‘red’ performance rating on your profile page into two groups to better differentiate from a decently ‘fair’ state and an actual ‘poor’ state. We’re also moving away from the stoplight color scheme as that sent the wrong message with respect to the meaning of your rating (i.e. yellow is standard, decent rating, and not ‘at risk’). We’ve also added text (e.g. “Good”, “Great”) to each rating, to improve visual accessibility. While the way your rating is displayed has been updated, the way your rating is calculated and its contribution to your medal in Pokémon GO and Ingress have not.
- Completing your reviews: We’ve updated the messaging when you’ve completed all available reviews to be more accurate and friendly. They previously looked like error messages, but they actually weren’t! As a reminder, the queue of nominations that gets assigned to you each time you log in is created based on a mix of things, like your recently-played locations, your hometown, or bonus hometown setting. So the number of things to review is totally variable each time you log in.
- Ending review sessions: We've modified the flow to bring back an indicator when you've finished your review session. This will allow you to signify that you're done reviewing, but if you don't want to use this option, you can still navigate to the Showcase to indicate that you're done with your review session.
- We also fixed the bug you found on the character limits for the supporting text when editing your nomination. It’ll now tell you when the description is too long.
Still to come:
- Updates to the Showcase to highlight high quality nominations
- Updates to the Criteria in the new Criteria page
- Updating the Review page interface
- NEW: Dark mode!
- Additional bug fixes
Your responses to our Path to 2021 post have been so helpful at affirming and refining the improvements we are working towards. Thank you so much for your commitment to Wayfarer, your quality contributions, and diligence in keeping us accountable.