What is wrong with this nomination?

I have submitted this three times, once with both memorial benches and then with just one or the other. I also placed a 360 photosphere there. I have had many memorial benches approved but this one keeps being declined.

thoughts?

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

1st: This is eligeble, if it is for a famous historical person. Is this the case here?

2nd: I would give more information about the persons, Just the names is pretty low. With a good description, you will have better chances.

• The one on the left is one of the baseball coaches that helped found the park itself, famous for cycling all over the area, his bike is also parked next to his memorial bench. This was pointed out all times, still no good

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

Memorial benches can be eligible if the person is significant in the community. However the term significant is not defined, indicating that it's supposed to be subjective and left up to the submitters and reviewers. A larger number of people have taken a no memorial benches policy while others have high standards for significance, creating a very high bar for these submissions. You might get this approved; however, I wouldn't get your hopes up. There are likely candidates that are more likely to get approved than these benches.

However, if you really think these are worthy and want to try resubmitter, you can try, but you need to have a great description and supporting information. I think if it's a memorial for the park's founder, you might have a chance, as I have seen similar ones approved in the past. If that's the case, I would try focusing on that individual and describe his efforts. Try to include a link to newspaper articles about his efforts in the supporting information.

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

If I google any of those people, all I get are obits. Your submission does not appear to tell us anything about these people, just tells us that this is in a park, which is not particularly useful for constructing an argument that these memorial benches meet wayfarer criteria. You need to be a lot more specific and spoonfeed reviewers information. We shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes googling trying to prove your implied claim that these people are of enough cultural/historical significance that these benches are valid POI.

Since one of these benches is named for someone who helped found the park, I would focus on that bench and get the bike in the picture. Then, put his story in the information and include a link for proof. I don't think your submission is going to get approved with anything less, and even then it may take a few tries since, as SPD85 said, "significant" is left up to reviewer determination and reviewers may tend towards stricter regulations.