How to improve nomination for a local church.

I recently had a nomination for a local church rejected with the reason:

Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views, Photo is low quality (e.g., pitch black/blurry photos or photos taken from a car).

The sign in the picture is the only sign for the church. The buildings in the area were recently renovated and look different from what is on street view, but there is a pin for the church on google maps.

Looking for advice on improving before resubmitting.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

use the church as the main piture and also show the object on the supporting picture. Instead of writing "check the website" you can instantly put the link there.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

agree with the last comment. but if the sign is the poi you want in the game, then improve the photo by getting those words more in the middle and submit as "whitewater church sign".

your description quotes something we don't see on the sign, and you left out a word. sometimes people use a different reason to reject when they just don't like a description. keep it really simple.

your supporting photo is from so far away it took me a long time to find the sign in the middle of it. it looks like the sign is at an intersection that isn't showing on maps, and i don't see anything that looks like a church, so i understand why it was rejected as not seeming to be in the right place.

you can use the google street view app to place a photosphere to show reviewers what is actually there.

good luck. most churches and chuch signs do eventually go through.

Post edited by cyndiepooh-ING on
  • SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

Agree completely. Church wayspots should be the wayspot rather than the signs.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

duplicate post. Please delete.