Invalid Ingress Portal report - マンション見米2番館

Ark4242-PGOArk4242-PGO Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in [Archive] Appeals

Title of the Wayspot: マンション見米2番館

City: Higashioizumi, Nerima, Tokyo

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information: The name of this object is マンション見米2番館 which translates to "Mansion Mikome #2" and Mikome (見米) is just a family name. This entire area is private residential property in an out-of-the-way side street with nothing of interest for the public. Pay special attention to the 4th picture above, which shows the nameplate [見米]. The Mikome residence is obviously very big by Japan standards, and Mr Mikome must clearly be a rich guy, but he is nobody famous or historical. I'm pretty sure somebody submitted his house as a joke and got it approved. What's worse is that this spot is not only a portal in Ingress, but a Gym in Pokemon Go, and people who live in this area have come out to yell at strangers standing on the road in front of this house simply attacking the Gym or spending a few minutes glyph-hacking the portal. I, myself, have been approached by an old Japanese guy who clearly did not want me standing around in front of his house.

Post edited by NianticGiffard on

Comments

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We took another look at the Pokéstop/Gym in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.

• Ark4242-PGOArk4242-PGO Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard Can you let me know the criteria for reporting private property? I tried to make it clear that the location in question is literally somebody's private single-family house and I thought that private property was not allowed as wayspots?

• oMrSinisterXo-INGoMrSinisterXo-ING Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November 2020

@Ark4242-PGO Out of curiosity, I had cut and paste the location provided to Google Map. The 4 storey building is right there, and non of your images seems to match Google Street View which serves as a neutral reference in the event of a dispute.

Just my thought...

The location picture is just some wall around a building, not even really an interesting wall, but the name of the location is just like "Mr Smith's Second House" so I was trying to prove what Mr Smith's actual house was, by showing the actual house and name plate up close. The wall is across the street from the actual house with the person's name, which I'm sure you can see on Street View. I don't think you can actually see clearly enough to see the name plate in front of the guy's house though.

Here are two images from Street View. In the first here, you can see the wall, and to the left is a house I highlighted in one of my pictures as being part of Mr Mikome's property.

If you back up about 2 pictures down the road in Street View, you can see the adjacent wall and gate to the garden area here. There is no Street View picture where you can see into that little entrance area, but that should be easy enough to match up to my pictures based on the garden wall. This huge garden area, along with the adjacent house, is all Mr Mikome's private property.

I guess maybe I'm mixing up two different points in my head though. One is that the POI is basically a faked POI because it's not labeled correctly. The picture doesn't match what the object actually is. Two is that this POI is hostile towards players because it is private property and the owner does not want people loitering in front of his house. I'm sure Niantic might just say "have the owner file a complaint" but we'd be lucky if an old guy like that owned a fax machine, let alone a computer or smart phone. I have no doubts he does not possess the ability to meaningfully contact Niantic in any way.

• oMrSinisterXo-INGoMrSinisterXo-ING Posts: 44 ✭✭

@Ark4242-PGO If the Portal is indeed a pokemon gym, you will be doing the players a disservice by removing it.

Alternate solution is maybe to request Portal to be moved to the centre of the building (further down the street), then update the image to reflect the building name.

Or if you persist to remove, simply highlight that the location has no safe access since it is at a road junction. Definitely not enough pavement to hold gym event.

Hopefully it helps 😁

That's a pretty confusing "business" to be honest. Since I personally know the area, I can assure you that there is no car rental shop there. I'm guessing this is like a shared parking space or single rental car somebody personally rents via a 3rd party company or something.

Safe pedestrian access is probably not an issue by Japan standards, to be honest. This is a rural side street and if it was considered unsafe, about 90% of all locations in Tokyo would be as well. However, I believe the biggest issue is in fact Pokemon Go and the fact that it is a gym. If it was only a Pokestop, I don't think there would have ever been an issue with the owner of the property here. Unfortunately, there's no way to ask Niantic to just downgrade it and make a gym elsewhere or something :/

• yoshikaz38-PGOyoshikaz38-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I had checked this place by "times car share" official site.

the spot is correct, not wrong.

But, there is part of appertment. not large space.

I guess it is not good for gim. if change to poke-stop, better than gim.

Regardless, the POI is not for the times car share thing anyway.

This discussion has been closed.