How can I improve my nomination?

Hi There,

I was hoping to get a bit of clarity of what I did wrong in this nomination to better improve in the future.

I submitted this Tether ball court / structure for a potential wayspot back in mid-october and unfortunately it was rejected today. The tetherball exists in a courtyard of an apartment complex in San Jose, CA. ( 37.366934, -121.840891).

When filling out the supplemental information, should I over explain things and say "You can see it as the giant concrete circle in google maps" or "play structures within shared spaces of apartment grounds are eligible?" or perhaps is it not clear that this structure is within an apartment complex?

I feel a little defeated and frustrated by this one; especially because I upgraded it, but also because I've had submissions with less description pass along, so I'm trying to find that good middle ground of descriptor.

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

You could try to make it a bit more visible how it is freely accessible and not on private ground, and to show that it exists, you always could create a photosphere at the location.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

I donot see the problem in this nomination. Especially the location is easily viewable and it doesnt look like private property. Its a game installation like a basketballcourt. I would say bad luck.

• Ultimo6419-PGOUltimo6419-PGO Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

My first impression was: this is private property. Because the background shows a very small house. Some reviewers judge quickly. Maybe make the appartement complex more visible?

Although I do see criteria met, I am not sure if it is a strong candidate.

Some reviewers may call it non permanent because these installations often do not last long. Others may see a fake, it could be a simple flag pole and the ball is just featured...

Wasting an upgrade is always unfortunate. Think about why you pick a stop for an upgrade. An Upgrade will only process the nomination faster. It does not make it more likely to be accepted. You can use the upgrade for the stop you like most. Or use the upgrade for stops that will create another gym or other important portal in another game.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with most of what's been said above. This seems like an eligible nomination, but not a "slam dunk." Given that, I would drop the cutesy name. Yes, "creative" names are officially permitted, but not every reviewer is going to like it, and you want to give reviewers as few reasons as possible to reject with a submission like this. So I would suggest sticking to a "boring" descriptive name like "Alum Rock Tetherball Court."

• Cosuis-PGOCosuis-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thank you everyone, you've given me a lot to consider. @Misch60-PGO, Thank you for the recommendation, I spent some time this morning creating a few photospheres, hopefully they'll be approved soon so that I have a better chance next time.

@LukeAllStars-PGO, yeah I thought it was obvious too especially since there are so many parking lots nearby and the two visible seating areas, but I'll make sure to be more explicit in my next go around stating that this is an apartment community.

Yeah, I mean it's the classic "not too many stops in the area" situation/ most are in a nearby historic cemetery, and while its not the coolest POI, I did think it would be at the very least eligible. @Ultimo6419-PGO, there are actually two tetherball courts on different sides of the property that have been have been here for over twenty years, but not sure how to prove that.

Haha, I see where you're coming from, @flatmatt-PGO, will definitely amend that in my next attempt and in one other nomination.

I want to thank you all again for all of this advice, I really do appreciate it!