Trail Marker

TheSFAdmiral-PGOTheSFAdmiral-PGO Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Nomination Improvement

Friend of mine submitted this, we are getting real sick of this multi-use trail marker being rejected, what can we do to prevent it being rejected again?

We have a local here who has instructed his group to downvote anything of ours regardless of how eligible it actually is. Its so hard for us to get things approved here.

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

What were the rejection reasons?

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Those are snowmobile/atv trail markers. They arent meant for pedestrian walking which would make it unsafe for people to walk on them.

Edit: the sidewalk isnt part of that trail system. These aren’t trails put up by the city. They are put up by the snowmobile club and are essentially considered private property as you can’t use them without paying according to the snowmobile association

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see a "Named Trail" mentioned on the marker.

• TheSFAdmiral-PGOTheSFAdmiral-PGO Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Misch60: Rejection reasons were:

"Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria, The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm, Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year."

Of which none of these are true. Its a trail marker behind a grocery store, with a pedestrian pathway leading to it.

Jtron: They don't involve any form of fee, and theres a sidewalk pedestrian path leading literally right to the object, which is all that is required. Also there is no rule about private property IIRC.

sogNinja: "Trail E" or "OFSC trail" are its names, take your pick. Its not a generic, red triangle marker.

The sidewalk is not part of that path. It also doesnt have the name. Its a snowmobile/atv trail. Meaning it is not meant for people to use as a trail itself. I grew up in Petawawa I know those trails well 😂. The snowmobile association that puts up those signs if you use it with your machine you need stickers which are paid to ride the trail. With the back story of what the trail is used for its clear it is not a walking pedestrian trail so its not really eligible at all. Aside for the fact it doesnt have the name on it

the federation that runs these trails meant for snowmobiles not walking trail . so your blatantly lying to try and get that to pass. With it being a path for vehicles and not pedestrians I would treat it as a road sign when voting. Which I do because my home location is set to an area near there, further more its not a named trail which for old guidelines it had to have a name. Its simply a trail marker which isnt eligible. Id suggest if you or your friends want to get nominations to pass you should nominate things that meet the criteria