Can anyone help me understand why this was rejected

Hello everyone,

I’d like to get some feedback on this proposition that was rejected. The object that I submitted is a small community planting (not sure if that’s the word in English sorry).

I thought it would be an interesting place for a Wayspot since its main purpose is to connect people around plants, to promote social and local trading and also raise awareness about urban agriculture. This is a site that’s been installed here for several years, even visible on google street view. This was installed by an association which is still pretty active and there is even the link to their website on the panel.

Is it really not worth a stop ?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

did you get an email giving you reasons for rejection? i know some countries don't, and sometimes they don't really match up, but it's a start.

i can't read the notice, but i would think that would be acceptable as an information sign. is there anything about the location that might disqualify?

sometimes reviewers will get very picky about people in the photo. even though those two people walking in the background are not the focus, maybe a photo without people might help.

the title translates to "plantation to share" when i try to type it in to google translate. people could have been rejecting the planting. try resubmitting as something like "information sign" to show you are submitting the sign instead of the plant.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

My guess is that a lot of people rejected it because they didn't see it as permanent. It's hard to tell if the submission was the sign or the planter. Many people would see either as easily moveable and reject it. Is it on streetview? That would help convince a number of people that it's not something new. Looking at the sign, which shows some aging, I would approve it; however, I think a large number of people would see the planter and simply reject it.

If you want to resubmit, I would try for the sign rather than the planter as educational signs are usually accepted in my experience.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks very temporary to me. It appears to be something that is only there during the growing season, but removed after the plants die or the planter is cleared out for the winter.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Thats a 1* unpermanent from my side. The sign is just a piece of paper which got laminated. The sign isnt attached anywhere, you can see the wooden bracket on the bottom of the picture. You can also easily take the whole construct away. I see no chance in this submission.

• Thanks for your feedbacks, I understand better why it was rejected. It’s true that the sign is in bad shape and that it looks a bit abandoned and non permanent. The bar that hosts this usually takes care of it better but with the lockdown and Covid, they couldn’t.

Maybe I could try to submit the bar/cafe that was at the origin of this? It’s a highly popular bar/cafe in the neighborhood and they often try to gather people with initiatives like this ? Or do you think it would be considered as a generic shop ?

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try submitting that. If it gets denied try again. Let me know how it goes