Large scale abuse in Yanai

sinXsan-INGsinXsan-ING Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in General Discussion

The following application is a POI proposal in Yanai City.He has been repeating his proposal for years, pasting the same supplementary information. All the reviewers in the neighbouring prefectures are fed up with it.

Specifically...

In Yanai City, the POI was drastically reduced because the sponsor withdrew.

We want to revitalise the town with a POI proposal.

Please be kind enough to help us assess this POI.

However, there is no indication of which specific sponsors have withdrawn. Moreover, the number of sponsor-funded POIs has not decreased at all. This is exactly the same as the situation in other Japanese municipalities.

As you can see from the attached image, there is plenty of POI around. The proposer has been claiming for some time that there has been a drastic reduction, but this is completely untrue.

At the same time I think this is disrespectful to the sponsors of the NIA. This is also disrespectful to the sponsors of the NIA, because they write as if the number of sponsors in Yanai has fallen dramatically, but this itself is false.

@NianticGiffard

Tagged:

Comments

• I appreciate you for flagging it to us, @SturmRugerLCR-PGO. We'll have it investigated and take appropriate actions.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, SturmRugerLCR, but @NianticGiffard, is there any reason why you swiftly responded to something that was posted only 11 minutes ago (9 if you include the quick edits made to it) when there are other unanswered or unattended abuse reports? For example, my Sydney-based abuse reports and collations posted four hours earlier (here) and this plea regarding abuse reports posted over a week ago now is still unanswered.

Is it a matter of fact that you are actually ignoring my reports in particular maybe because of something I may have said earlier? Is it because you continue to work closely with the OP and MagicalThorn with ongoing abuse cases? Maybe because they always tag you? Perhaps you may have experience with nominations in Japan as you have been very diligent in assisting the two mentioned above, but it is not comfortable seeing someone else's abuse report being investigated so quickly when mine and others' reports are just sitting there with no acknowledgement.

I understand my frustration can come out brash at times, so if any way I have offended you or other staff members regarding previous instances, then let me be the one to humble myself and apologise. The abuse reports are really not working as the nominations that I had posted repeatedly get seen by local wayfinders day in, day out with no recourse or relief, which is why I resort to posting here. But seeing someone else have their case immediately attended to when what it seems above is someone simply using their supporting statement to express disdain about sponsored stops disappearing (which really has minimal impact), whereas my case is about nominations which are clearly from outside the country being submitted in our city, and people using expletives for various edits.

Please in future give even and timely consideration to existing reports, and perhaps provide guidance on how to better combat and refer abuse to your team in our cities. Should we tag a Niantic moderator or staff member every time we write up an abuse report? Is there a guideline or preferred template on how we should present the abuse?

Hope for your understanding and answer.

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin
    edited July 2021

I understand your concern there and sorry you feel this way. It could be at times I/ my team may miss out on commenting the flagging response on a thread however be assured we won't ignore/ leave any report unaddressed. We strive to address each and every report we come across as quickly as possible. There could be a delay in writing back but don't worry they should get answered after I hear back from my team with the verdict.

Having said that, I had flagged both of your reports for investigation already.

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
  • sinXsan-INGsinXsan-ING Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Let me tell you one thing. This case was about a sponsor company.We are well aware that the NIA relies on sponsorship as one of its sources of funding.References to sponsors have a wider impact and create more direct problems for the NIA itself than the abuse from individual users.I suspect that Giffard was trying to protect the NIA as a whole, rather than playing favourites.I don't find your posts annoying at all.

I just think that Giffard has a lot of problems that he can't write about here.

@HaramDingo-ING

Post edited by sinXsan-ING on
  • HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad that you have flagged both reports. Sometimes, a little bit of confirmation is all I need, and you have provided that, thank you. I promise to be better, more productive and respectful (I really am sorry about some particularly rude comments in the past!).

@SturmRugerLCR-PGO, thank you for your understanding and patience. That makes sense, however I am very unfamiliar due to a lack of ongoing sponsors in my country (Australia), so I am generally unaware. I'll try to be productive and patient as the platform develops.

• Hello @SturmRugerLCR-PGO! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the 5 Wayspots and Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.

• Markov2097-INGMarkov2097-ING Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Hi @NianticGiffard

I just came across this during a review.

They don't seem to be remorseful at all.

Or is there a multi-account that hasn't been punished yet...

• sinXsan-INGsinXsan-ING Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

In addition to the above, there were more cases.

◆This one is proposed to use again the image that was disposed of last time, changing only the description.