Does not meet acceptance criteria?

Kind of new to nominations, so I'm still trying to figure this out. I've seen plenty of Karate and Taekwondo places as waypoints so I don't understand why this doesn't work. Email only said 'Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria' and nothing else. It's in a safe area, a neighbourhood in walking distance for other players, no nearby stops/gyms. It's also NOT a child only place.

The only thing that I can think of is the fact that google maps street view isn't updated there and only shows the building prior to the studio being there. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• ElPortalDeNorbe-PGOElPortalDeNorbe-PGO Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

If it is a business, it does not meet the acceptance criteria, unless it has something that makes it special or unique

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I would say it fits into the exercise category perfect.

if anyone doesnt think a karate class/school doesnt encourage exercise id love to know there definition of exercise 😂

Post edited by Jtronmoore-PGO on
  • Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen people get them accepted and agree they can fit criteria as a place to exercise, socialize, and are cultural.

A good amount of effort needs to be put into the description and supplemental explaining these things though. Your current description/supplemental are totally focused on trying to get reviewers to believe it’s not k-12 that you are forgetting to actually describe how the nomination meets criteria.

They are definitely a tough sell even with a lot of effort but luckily your turnaround time is short.

• NashijunM-PGONashijunM-PGO Posts: 2

I made a point of saying that it wasn't a K-12 because that was the reason it was rejected the 1st time I nominated it. I just assumed that, as it was a Martial Arts studio, that it fit into the exercise category. My mistake on that. I rewrote the description if anyone would be willing to give any additional feedback. Thank you.

'K-Dragon focuses their teachings on Tae Kwon Do, Self-Defense (Hap Ki Do), Kumdo (sword arts), and Kick Boxing as a way of fitness and discipline. '

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

I got one accepted but had to go into details about the instructors, whom are both in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. I've had two others rejected for not meeting criteria even with good supporting information.

Gyms in general are a tough sell. Folks tend not to like certain business's. I'd keep trying.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

No offense meant, but the Supporting text doesn't really help. At best, you're telling people why not to reject rather than why to accept. At worst, some reviewers may consider this to be abuse, a lie, or a misrepresentation of the martial arts building.

https://ingressama.com/search?q=Only+for+k12

Q5: In the December 11th AMA, NIAOps confirmed that we should treat scout camps and installations as schools because of the target age range. This raises some questions regarding youth clubs and centres - should we be treating them as schools as well and rating 1* overall? If this is the case, is there any chance that the criteria can be updated please as there are a lot of scout huts, youth centres, etc. making their way through OPR.

A5: According to NIA OPS, “If it is only for K12 age children, it should be rated with a one star. If it is for adults and kids it can be rated based on the other criteria.” They also add, “We are updating the guide based on these questions and discussions we see in the OPR G+ Community. Post in the G+ Community if you have not already.” https://plus.google....

This is a selection from a (now "historical" guidance) AMA post from several years ago. Note that, despite the promise to add clarifications, it never was. My point in sharing it is just to confirm that Niantic has more or less said that candidates like this aren't ineligible for being k-12 focused.

However, in simply saying "not k-12 school," some people unfamiliar with this may reject on grounds where Niantic has said youth oriented places (such as scout huts) would be ineligible. You could reference the link I provided or else elaborate more. I haven't researched your business, but something like "Adult focused classes and workout sessions available daily and youth classes only once per week. They facilitate various leagues and competitions for beginners or experienced adult athletes."

• phi2458-PGOphi2458-PGO Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

Just to make it clear, youth-oriented places should be specified as educational or childcare facilities. In such facilities, their staffs are responsible for taking care of a group of children. I think scout huts fall into this category.

Other types of youth-oriented places like playgrounds are acceptable as long as they are not on the ground of K-12 or prp. In these places, children can have a good time with their families. Therefore, they meet the criteria.

Gaming/comic stores are also on the list of eligibility criteria. Most of them are youth-oriented. (If they are adult-oriented, they should be rejected.)